New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malapati safari area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
They said that in Malapati nowadays they kill the biggest elephants in the country.
Someone have hunted there?
What's about buffaloes there?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mario

I don't know about biggest in the country, but the Malapati/Naivasha area does yield heavy ivory every year. A client hunting with my brother Jonathan (Zambezi Hunters) took a 64 pound bull in that area earlier in the season. I also heard that a client hunting with another operation took a 70 pounder this year. There is a good chance of taking a big bull in Malapati, and the earlier in the season one hunts, the better the chances.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if earlier in the season the chances are better, I understand that the population of elephants is not stable inside the concession area but they comes out from the national park during the wet season as all the areas bordering the Kruger and the Go Na Re Zhou. It's correct?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mario

There is a healthy elephant population in the concession, but the big bulls begin wandering about with the rains, and that is why it is better earlier in the season.

Our common friend, Boet van Aarde, sends his best regards.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,

I have booked a hunt in April 2008. I will let you know when i return. I was advised that there are alot of elephant in this region. Here is a post from Sept. This is the Malapati area.
Bwana Bunduki
one of us
Posted 19 September 2007 03:34 Hide Post
Nkonka,

The name of the outfit is SSG Safari's in Chiredzi. Nixon Dzingai is the main dude and is a great PH. He has over 100 documented trophy tuskers taken around Gonerezhou National Park and currently holds Malipati concession. Big Buff, Good elephant. The average Ele hunt is 3 days. Ele is 27,500 and we have been arguint over buff, but it looks like 10 dasy @850/Day. Trophy fee 3000 for the buff. Other plains game are available. Now the bad news, Nixon is into a 2 year start up. Hunting he knows, running a business...ugh not so much. He has trouble organizing a big production. We had a day without fuel and one of the trucks was crap. Food is fair at best. Beer is included. I think he is just overwhelmed and has been a jerk about taking advice. If you can stand a little bs, the hunting is worth it. I am the US contact for a while. Avg buff was 42 in for our group. BUT he does let some clients shoot crap. Another pet peeve of mine. Hopefully things will continue to improve. The stress seems to be getting to Nixon in that he is not as fun to be around and his staff is on edge. Yes I paid to hunt.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My best regards to my very good friend Boet.
About Malapati, I understand ther'are different operators: the David's brother and Dixon. Maybe others? How many units ther'are in the concession?

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,

I am currently the US Contact for SSG Safari's and Nixon Dzingai who holds the Malipati Concession. PM me and I will mail you some info. Dale give me a shout when u can. Alomst back to normal. Thanks for the support.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mario

Just to clarify that my brother Jonathan has nothing to do with Malapati, other than the fact that he buys elephant bulls from Nixon Dzingai. He does not operate the area, but he hunts it, as well as other areas throughout this country. His operation, Zambezi Hunters, is based here in the Save Conservancy.

Dave

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the average tusker in Malapati is and success rate?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The average tusker in Malipati is around 50 lbs. When Nixon is the hunter, the success rate is 100% for a shooting opp on a tusker of this size. Some folks are looking for bigger. The average hunt lasts 3 days.

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, I will speak whit Boet about a hunt there.

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,

Drop me a line PM and I will send you the information. Nixon will not be subletting elephant in the future. He is getting his act together with bookings etc.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mario

Give Boet van Aarde a call. I shall be seeing him the next few days and will pass on your regards, if you haven't spoken to him by then.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks david

mario