New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reporting From The Hunting Camp
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The first time I heard the word Aggie was at a shooting range in Houston, Texas.

It was a very small 100 yards range, right next to the Greater Houston Gun Club. Membership was very cheap, and it gets you the combination number for the lock at the gate. Lots of police officers come to practice on the shorter pistol range there too.

One day I was there with a friend to shoot some loads I have developed. And we found some shooters who were finding it very hard to sight in there semi-auto rifle - a Remington model I think.

Their shots were not hitting the paper.

They were turning the scope adjustments in every direction, but still no joy.

My friend, watching them, said "Aggies!"

When I asked him what did that mean, he said "they will wear out the barrel and still not be able to hit the target"

We asked them if they wanted some help, and suggested they try shooting that rifle at a target set on the pistol range.

They just looked at us, and said "we want to sight it in at 100 yards, not 15 yards!"

I said "it will help though"

We left them to it, and we shot our own rifles.

Then one of them comes over, and asked how does shooting his rifle at 15 yards will help him sight it in at 100 yards.

We fired their rifle at a target set at 15 yards, and the point of impact was several inches to one side and above.

We adjust it for them, got to hit where one aims, and then fired a shot at 100 yards.

This time the bullet was on the target.

We left them to finish adjusting their rifle themselves.

Posts: 68676 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It seems Thuraya does cover all of Tanzania, as well as other African countries, now.

Here is their press release.

Additional coverage of African countries

Posts: 68676 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote