Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with Jamy Traut
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted
Anyone on here that has hunted with Jamy first hand?? My wife and I will be with him for 14 days mid September until Oct 1 for elephant/hippo in the Caprivi. Everything I have heard has been good and was just seeing if anyone had first hand knowledge. Looking forward to seeing the Caprivi and having a good hunt.

Posts: 680 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted plains game with Jamy and enjoyed it very much. Jamy is a true professional. He and Rentia are very good hosts.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with him in 2013 in the Caprivi for non-trophy bull elephant. I had my grandson so we went to his ranch and did some cull PG after we got the elephant. Had a good time and got in on several bulls. His camp is right next to the river, you will hear hippos grunting, at night the elephant cross the river close to camp and you can hear them splashing. Sometimes you can hear a lion from the park. Jamy is very polished and professional. You'll have a great time.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Dogcat has.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been to Namibia twice with Jamy Traut Safaris. Jamy is an outstanding guy and PH, you will be in very good hands. Happy to speak directly, PM me. Most recently was with him in June.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known Jamy for quite a few years. He is a very well established and highly regarded Namibian PH. From what I have seen he puts ethics above dollars and does not bend the rules as many seem to do here. In short, he doesn't advertise what he doesn't possess - no bait and switch.

I believe he still hunts quite a bit in the Caprivi and is expanding operations in the Kunene region which has rebounded amazingly well after the drought with plenty of lion, leopard, and plains game. Overall, hunting has significantly improved in Namibia this year thanks to good rains and plentiful grass. 2018 promises to be a very productive year and the Concession communities are depending on it after four years of drought, minimal hunting revenues and a short supply of game meat.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote