Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations to 1115
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
Off topic as usual, but one of us has been recognized and rewarded for a long career of hard work.

Our friend, 1115 or Dale if you wish, has just been promoted to Captain on his police force and Chief of Detectives. Hurrah for 1115!

Now we have to bow to him in Tanzania this year, I guess!

Here's a picture of the Captain in his best element.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go! When's the party?

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Chief of Detectives"?

he's going to be verry verry busy.

Congratulations

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when's the "wetting down". Congrats! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG Dale!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dale!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dale! Hopefully this also means more money for safaris.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dale! I guess all those years of chasing perps through marsh grass with your bloodhounds paid off.

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dale. I hope you wanted the promotion! They may have simply wanted to find a way of keeping you around a little longer.
I look forward to seeing the photos and hearing the stories of your next Africa trip.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Will you get time off to go hunting now that you're the big boss!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dale, the best and looking forward to your photos from next safari...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of the kind words and well wishes. I stand in awe of the job our military men and women are doing in these tough times, and I applaude their sacrifice and devotion to duty. As a member of the law enforcement community in our United States, I take my responsibility to keep the homeland safe very seriously. The slogan "To Serve and Protect" is an honor to uphold. The brothers and sisters "behind the badge" are on the front lines daily here in our great land. Cops have taken some bad press at times, but we are still out there, 24, 7, 365. Thanks again all.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Dale: I feel the same way about you law enforcement men.You guys put your lives on the line every day and it just burns me when the media ALWAYS takes the side of the perpetrator when it comes to the police or the military.

The price of freedom is a value the protected shall never know. You my friend know exactly what I'm talking about and I thank you. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dale, you guys on the front line are deeply appreciated by us gawkers from a distance. ----- Good luck on your hunt with Pierre', with you and Judge G, his hands will be full. Tell Moses, Abdul, Twigga, and Singoree hello. Someday I shall return. wave beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dale from one old law dog to another, just look forward to your retirement, its the best part of your life..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1115:

Congrats and Best Wishes on your promotion!

Look forward to meeting you when we swamp seats on the plane at Selous International Airport..

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote