Tools

Good Times in Dallas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
YEEEHAAAW!
Friday was a grand day!
Got to see a bunch of DRSS menbers and it looked like hundreds of AR members.

Congrats to CFA on nis new Holland & Holland !
Thanks to Retreiver for the great sausage and bread up on Judges place.

We did Ray's birthday up proper and had a great dinner together!
Headed back this morning to see some more folks!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it was such a success Rusty Smiler

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Rusty, was great to meet you and other AR legends in person. Thanks to the Judge for the Southern hospitality, Retreever for the fine eats, Pierre is quite the dashing PH, and Ray is, well Ray. Must have been 30 AR folks in that room, too numerous to mention. Sorry we had to leave early. Fabulous Dallas Safari Club show too! Forrest A.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The Dallas Safari Club show was a real treat! I enjoyed meeting the AR members at the show and the party in the Judge's room for Ray. Lots of fun. fla3006, thanks again for the transport up to the show, it was a long day but a fun one.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Great show as always, but made much better with all the folks from Accurate Reloading, and the DRSS. There may have been a couple headaches today, but I'd bet they would tell you it was worth the trouble. Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, enjoyed the show and meeting the great people who lurk here...my wife got sick at the show and we had to leave before we could take in any of the birthday festivities...sick, throwing up, hugging the porcelean, staggering down the hall...wait...I must have been there anyway!!!! Who do I owe for my part of the drinks and dinner for Ray??? Be glad to send someone a partial refund...We will have to do a better job for the 110th birthday next year...Arthur

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rusty thanks for posting pics...They are super...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Retreever....that was wonderful stuff your wife sent down with you! I could use a CARE package of that anytime she is in the mood. Guess I never had the real HR until the other night.
Great bread too.
Enjoyed being with all the AR guys and was nice of you all to stop at the booth and say Howdy!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have Judge G to thank for the organizing the AR sessions (for lack of more incriminating words), retreever to thank for the food, Rusty and Frank to thank for the pictures, 1115 to thank for keeping Judge G sober, Ray to thank for being the butt of the jokes, Pierre' to thank for just being there as a witness to Americans making fools of themselves, and all the other AR NUTS for attending. So long until next year when we can try to top 2004. Eeker beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pat. My photos haven't made it up yet since I just did get home. I will try and work on them tomarrow. Where did you find Rusty's? I don't see them yet.
Franl

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ray's Birthday

the class photo from my camera came out fuzzy Friday night, so hopefully yours will be better Frank! Had a great time, wonderful visit.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Rusty and all,

Great to meet so many forum members, sorry I could not make Ray's party I will plan better next year.

When Tony helps me figure out my 500/465, I will post some pictures of her Ladyship.

CFA
Fred

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Smiler
Good times indeed - a pleasure to meet Rusty, Ray, Mac. Also to again see CFA and admire his lovely double rifle.

Great get together... sorry I missed the Friday night party at the Judge's suite 218. Auction dinner and late night coffee with family, so by the time we got to the hotel it was after 12. SOunds like based on the recap of events at the party, that wasn't all that late however!! Hopefully we can all be there again next year. Maybe buy CFA's rifle cheap :>

Turned out to be a productive couple of days. Argentina dove hunt is now in the offing, as is a buffalo hunt to Mozambique. Both with family, and that's the real reward.

What a nice and lucky bunch of guys we are!!

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is our Friday night crew before dinner.
I hope everyone had an opportunity to look. MY bandwidth went over the limit and I had to reduce a number of photos I had up.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote