Find
Notify
Tools

Cartridge Slide
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
Has anyone had experience with this cartridge slide from Jeff's Outfitters? It looks a little better than the Boyt one sold by Cabela's since the cartridges appear to stick out more on the Jeff's Outfitters cartridge slide. I know a lot here recommend the Murray's Custom Leather version as well as the ones from Westley Richards, which I'm sure are great, they are just a little over the limit given to me (these are to be a gift from the girlfriend Big Grin ).

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sevens,

Those look nice with good seperations between the cartridges to facilitate grip. BUT I recommend at the risk of creating nausea in many the Uncle Mike's buttstock ammo holder. Your ammo and rifle are always together and they are very fast to use if you practice a litte. Also you don't have a bunch of crap on your belt pulling your pants down.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sort of on point. I have had some of these that were too tight. Leather shops sell a liquid that helps to stretch leather.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am with Mark, your eyes do not leave the target. If you got the gun, you got bullets!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Speaking from experience this is the cartridge holder to purchase, hands down.

http://www.texashuntco.com/ProductDetails.asp?
ProductID=6

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Texas Hunt Co. slides. My favorites by a wide margin!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
A couple from "Trader Keith".
Great for larger calibres.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote