Find
Notify
Tools

Package deal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi All

I want to do a build your own plainsgame package deal but would like to know what everyone would like included in the package, this is what I thought so far.

2x1 hunt 7 days hunting and 8 days total.
All the normal stuff like PH, tracker, accommodation, roads traveled.

Now I am thinking if a couples wants to book do we put a day at Addo or any other photographic reserve in there? Maybe a day at the beach or deep sea fishing?

Taxidermy I can do a dip and pack deal, once the package has been finalized.

If its a couple would the wife or girlfriend like to hunt with my girlfriend and co owner of the business at the 2x1 rate?

Anything else that anyone can think of would be appreciated.

Thanks
Juan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan,

sorry for asking, but which part of the world ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry left that part out, Eastern Cape South Africa. Some animals will be free range and others in big fenced areas. Totaling around 80 000 to 100 000 acres.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
One suggestion. No matter what animals you include in the package it won't be what every hunter wants. Allow substitutions on a dollar for dollar basis. If a hunter doesn't want to shoot an Impala, Warthog, Duiker etc., allow him to credit those trophy fees towards some other animal(s). Don't charge a sliding fee for Kudu based upon horn size. That really turns off quite a few hunters.

I wouldn't include the price of side trips in the package. Again these won't appeal to everyone. For thos who bring along their wives,girlfriend,child allow the observor to shoot an animal or two from the hunters package at no extra cost.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2331 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
So, what's your last name Juan?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Labman. The idea would be something like that so I will post a package and everyone interested in that can change the animals till they have what they want. And I definitely don't charge more for bigger animals my price is my price if we shoot a monster thats hunting. I think its every hunters dream to shoot big trophy animals. The trip to Addo will be mentioned in the package but only charged when booked, if the hunter wants it.

And yes I am all for people bringing a kid, wife or girlfriend and them shooting one or two animals at observer rates, think that also makes them enjoy the trip so much more.

Grumulkin my last name is Stander

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Here's my take.

1. I want to hunt alone, so always include a 1x1 option. I will also be alone when I come there.

2. I don't mind a package, but if you are in Europe and booking European clients it is easier for them to be on a 7 or 8 day schedule because it takes less time to get there.

Anyone coming from the Western USA to Africa it is a 2 or 3 day affair to get there. So short safaris suck.

3. Everyone is right about mixing the species and substitutions.

4. And again, no one likes to pay a sliding scale on African plains game.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Most places offer 1xhunter 1xobserver rates for couples even if both are hunters.

I'd do the side trips as add ons.....hunting days and trophy fees only in package price.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi thanks for the ideas, all very good. Would definitely make 1x1 option and 2x1 and hunter observer. So would you say 12 to 14 day safari and then if wanted the trip to addo or fishing. And then animals can be swapped and changed in package till it suits every hunters needs, way not say days can also be added or subtracted to suit every hunters needs?

Kind Regards
Juan Stander
ljhuntingsafaris@gmail.com

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Most packages are 7-10 days. Some outfitters will allow animals to be substituted and some won't. Extra days can always be added as can extra animals. Most packages are offered at a discounted rated vs just paying for regular day rates and trophy fees. Extra days and extra animals are often at normal rates.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jip I know all of that but would like to do something different and something to suit everyone's needs. Thats the aim...

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
You will never suit everyone's needs with a package......ain't possible. That's why you also offer a la carte day rates, trophy fees, side trips etc. People buying packages are typically first timers looking for a deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The slickest package deal I've seen involved dividing most of the species in the area into 3 lists. For the package price the client could take any two animals from list 1, a couple from list 2, and 3 from list 3. The numbers can be juggled to suit. Obviously they are roughly sorted by price.

This allows the client shift on the fly capability without in-field negotiations. Overshoot the package or stray from it and revert to the normal trophy price list for that animal.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogleg:
The slickest package deal I've seen involved dividing most of the species in the area into 3 lists. For the package price the client could take any two animals from list 1, a couple from list 2, and 3 from list 3. The numbers can be juggled to suit. Obviously they are roughly sorted by price.

This allows the client shift on the fly capability without in-field negotiations. Overshoot the package or stray from it and revert to the normal trophy price list for that animal.

Yep!

This is the best I have seen.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogleg:

That is a very flexible way to do it archer

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Never done such hunts but always dream of them.

If I did such a trip, I would definitely be keen on some small game & bird shooting options. Just for variety & the fun of it - e3ven if it is one night of spot lighting & one day of birds.

I did one day of pigeon shooting in SA in 2014 & that was a lot of fun.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogleg thanks that is a very good idea. Will definitely try that, it does offer amazing options to the hunter. Will start working on something like this to offer for next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Grumulkin my last name is Stander

tu2

I was also concerned it was "Pace". Welcome to the forum Juan.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi please share the Pace story? I think I know its the guy that used to operate in Mozambique that cheated people out of their money, if I am not mistaken? Haha but I can see why everyone was concerned. I have only heard stories about him.