Find
Notify
Tools

Finally going back to Zim
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted
Deposit has been wired. Apart from a contract signature I'm official at this point.

Headed back to Zim after 5 long years. My plan was to hunt tuskless and buff, but my PH (Tanya Blake) talked me into switching out the buff for a leopard.

We even convinced my old pal Dean Kendall to pay us a visit for a few days and share some time around the campfire. As some may have heard, he hung up his PH boots and moved on to other ventures but does stay involved with the appy PH training.

This time around I will be taking my Merkel 470. Aaron Little did a fantastic job on my new stock and I'm looking forward to putting a little honest wear onto it. Will upload some pics later.

Let the CITES paperwork begin....

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
That is great! Wish I had the money. Are you hunting in tribal lands?

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good switch. Look forward to the report.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is just a sense of adventure after booking an African safari. Best of luck.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bambazonke
posted Hide Post
Good luck TJ
Great choice of switching animals and good PH
Dean was instremental in starting Tanya PH career, that been said Tanya took a very big leopard 2 years ago in Makuti with an AR gent
You in good hands all the best tu2

Posts: 104 | Location: Zimbabwe somewhere | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bambazonke:
Good luck TJ
Great choice of switching animals and good PH
Dean was instremental in starting Tanya PH career, that been said Tanya took a very big leopard 2 years ago in Makuti with an AR gent
You in good hands all the best tu2

Yep, and I'm hoping she can repeat that feat for me! I hadn't heard of Makuti very much until she show'd me the picture of that big cat and then I was sold on the area.

Everyone tells me it's quite rugged and wild. I can't wait.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jack steenson
posted Hide Post
Tanya Blake is a gutsy sweet heart. I knew her as an appi on my hunt in 2013. she is a cool lady

Posts: 33 | Location: alberta canada | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With Quote