THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Anyone have any experience with Bushnell Scopes?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone have any experience with Bushnell Scopes?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
I had a Bushnell Elite 3200 2.5-10 on Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. After about 200 rounds I had to send it back to the factory to get the paralax reset. The windage/elevation adjustments weren't real great either. That one got traded in for a Leupold. I do have a 6-24 Elite 4200 on a 12 pound AR-15 match rifle as well. I've never had any problems with that one, but the recoil is almost non-existant. For a hard recoiling caliber, I'd go with a Leupold.

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
After an avalanche of ("Go get the Leopold") you should see that the seasoned guys here won't steer you wrong and I won't either. Go get the Leopold and be done with it. Gunslinger is probably correct about the eye relief putting your noggin a little to close to the scope on the Bushnell. You made a good shot with those crappy iron sights that come on the M70! What a waste. I can't see mine very well in the middly of the day and forget about it near dark. My question to you is this. Since most hunts that involve the .375 caliber tend to be costly and long planned, why even risk a hunt like that on a marginal scope for that rifle? I think that Bushnell and the like are fine for the lighter calibers but get real, for the big stuff you need to step up a notch or two.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the "junk" category. Junk scopes are OK if you hunt around the house but if you're spending hard earned cash on the hunt get something reliable. I like leupolds and Ive tried about everthing at one time or another. I also have several Burris scopes that I like but haven't given them the severe climate test yet.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote