Notify
Tools

More proud father stuff
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted
Saeed,

I didn't want to hijack your thread, so here is the next step in the evolution of the proud father. Enjoy every day with the kids, they go quickly!

My future safari companion has begun his apprenticeship, hunting on an estancia north of Cordoba. He took this beast as it charged from the long grass at 30 meters, saving the trackers and camp staff from a certain mauling. The massive solid from his .22 lr smashed through the boss and stopped the marauder in its tracks.This is a fine example of the Argentine Grizzly Hare (Lepus horriblis), noted for ferocity and cunning. The gauchos tell tales of these predators nightly around the campfires, and sing of the respect they have for these fearsome creatures.

The photo displays the relief that Little Bwana and Dad have after this harrowing escape from danger. Next, we will graduate to the ever dangerous Sciurus niger (Eastern Fox Squirrel) to simulate leopards in the tree. Many years of fun to come!

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hah!
Beauty post and nice Lepus Horribilus Dad will surely see to it that it gets properly mounted. LOL
Best in the future to you both.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
awesome it only gets better.

Woodie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Lad saved everyone from considerable peril. Great job! Thanks for sharing that with us, it brings back some great memories of when my 18 year was much younger.

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
woodie is right it only gets better. My son took his first two deer this year. He had a blast, but I think I had more fun watching him.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote