New
Find
Notify
Tools

Capstick's Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Once in awhile I get a reminder of what a gem I picked out when I married my bride of 57 years. Last weekend she went to a local book sale and she picked up a copy of Capstick's Africa for the princely sum of $3.00 with giving it to me in mind. What a wonderful gift for a husband who spends too much time and money pursuing the critters, and is away at hunting camp way too much. Maybe this will quench my thirst for the waters of Africa, but I think not.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's the writer that started my obsession. You've a good wife.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I love this book. Also Sands of Silence. nice wife!

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Only read Death in the long grass and I absolutely loved it!, so have a couple of clients that I shared my book with when they came hunting with me, I really don't care how much of the book was exaggerated or not, the man had a fantastic talent with words and story telling, I still re read it from time to time and still there is nothing that makes me long for my chance to hunt africa except the hunting reports in this forum, great books!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PHC is who really got me interested in African hunting. A great writer and story teller. Did he take liberties telling us about his experiences? Maybe, maybe not, who cares. I think some of his writing helped revive African hunting and got some of us to go.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote