THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Excellent Service Getting My Trophies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excellent Service Getting My Trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I did a hunt in Zimbabwe for buffalo, zebra, and hyena in 2019 with PH Gary Hopkins. He recommended my trophies go to Collett's Wildlife Artistry, Taxidermist, in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, for work. I'm really glad I did. As their name suggests, they conduct taxidermy as an art. I asked if they could paint my zebra skull with something to remind me of my hunt, including the day trip to Victoria Falls as well as a couple of personal items. The did all of that and included a sunset scene of an elephant (I dodged hundreds while hunting that week). My hyena was shot 6 or 7 times and I wasn't sure the hide would turn out well at all but now, as I look at the rug on my wall, I can't see where any of the bullets did damage. The skull is flawless. The zebra rug is beautiful, as are the bookends, and the buffalo is perfect. I also had them tan the rest of the buffalo hide and dye it a dark brown - beautiful job.
I was worried about getting my trophies into the U.S., what with the flu interrupting everything, so I went on this site to get suggestions. I received several but only one replied when I tried to contact: Jeremy Delacruz, Branch Mgr of Coppersmith Global Logistics. Jeremy went out of his way, often answering his personal cell phone at home, to make sure all went well and I was kept informed of my shipment every step of the way.
Collett's and Coppersmith employed fantastic coordination and copied me on every correspondence. I can't say enough about how good they all were.
For more information on my hunt, Mark (from Mark's Exclusive Adventures) was kind enough to post my hunt story a while back (I couldn't figure out how to post photographs!).
From Mark, Gary, Collett (and her folks), and Jeremey - I was well taken care of and received the best service - ever.
I hope it's OK to list contacts for Collett's and Coppersmith:
Collett's Wildlife Artistry, Taxidermist
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and Pretoria South Africa
colwild@gmail.com and info.sa@colletts.com
For Coppersmith:
Jeremy Delacruz, Branch Manager
Coppersmith Global Logistics, Inc.
SanFrancisco, CA
www.huntingtrophy.com
650.872.1225 ext 109
I hope this helps someone in need of professional and conscientious people regarding their valuable trophies. And, no, I don't work for any of these folks (the last time I praised an outfitter I was adamantly accused of working for them!). Thanks much - mj

Posts: 48 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Bohonkie,

Steve Collett provides a great service, good work and know how to pick your items for international shipping.

He does superb work on African scenes on skulls.

Jeremy, is top notch in getting your items through customs and keeping you informed along the way.

You could not have picked a better group to work with.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Jeremy Delacruz does a great job for hunting clients. I’ve used him several times and will be again.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve. Importing trophies is scarey enough but these days it's a lot worse! Good to know there is someone you can trust. - mj

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mean Steve Collett does a good job. Thanks, mj