Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nickudu Files
 Login/Join

posted
Recently, I posted some 120 hunting related articles, many of which, were well received. I now have additional articles ready but wanted to run a few questions by you, if I may. Shall the articles be posted in the Forum deemed most appropriate, as done previously, or would it be preferable to post them in a designated Forum? I plan to post 6 or 8 articles at a time, with 5 to 7 day changeout. Is this an acceptable rate?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Any of them about women PH's or hunters? I'm still looking for anything related for a winter project!

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick

I'd prefer posting in the most directly relevant forum as before.

If somebody is worried about missing any posts, I suggest that they simply search for all recent posts made by nickudu (I'm going to, just to make sure I don't miss any!

I'd say leaving the articles up for a week is good, but perhaps you might consider making this a bit longer because many of us will be online less often between Christmas and New Years (I'm going hunting just across the Baltic in Finland

Bring'em on!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick,

I think that they should be in there own forum that only you can post in. This way they wont ever get lost in a bunch of posts. And will be there for anyone who wants to read them without much effort to find them. Nicks'libary so to speak.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Eric - Keep in mind, please, the large file size of each article would preclude any accumulation. I've been granted permission to post on a short-term basis only and was darn lucky, at that. The high regard of magazine publishers for "AR" worked much in my favor in seeking permission to post selected articles.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Nick,
I have greatly enjoyed these!!

I use both villagephoto and ripway... ripway is 30 megs. I could host some of these for you, as well

jeffe

Posts: 38498 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeffe. If I stick to the approach mentioned, I'll have ample space at VillagePhotos, so long as the members visit their site to view the articles in album format. Posting them here, rather than linking to VillagePhotos, would be much more expensive for me and more taxing on "AR" system resources. Thanks for the offer.

posted Hide Post
So, the questions remain, a separate Forum or not and is the rate of 6 to 8 articles per week enough or too much?Members would be provided a link to an Album containing the article, stored at VillagePhotos and a changeout of articles will have to take place, as the storage of all the articles at one time, is not in the cards.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Keep them in the Africa forum. There are enough topic areas already, and maybe the articles with keep the 45-70 genre to a minimum!

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed them, keep 'em coming. Keep them in the appropriate forums as before.
Again, many thanks!

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where does a 400 pound gorilla sit? Wherever he wants to! Just a metaphor or analogy, no reference to your physique.

You put them anywhere you want, Nick. We will find them. Just flag the title of any thread containing an article with "NICKUDU FILE: ... "

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Oh no, not again! I was just getting some work done!

Seriously though, I'd keep 'em in the African Forum.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
From having done this, I have learned a few things, which I'd like to share. First time through, I was compelled to post in "Big-Bores" an article I'd rather have placed in "African Big Game Hunting". I say this because a post in one Forum moves briskly through and on to page 2 or 3, in a day or three. Placed in another Forum, it may languish for a week or more before moving on to page 2 and oblivion. The placing of all articles in one spot does have advantages. First and foremost, they'll be hard to miss. Secondly, after a designated period of time, they're all history, replaced with newer stuff. A distant third is the fact that it's simply easier for me, when all is in one place. On the downside, no posting to the articles would be possible within the designated "Reading Forum" but one could always post to it within his/her favorite Forum. Follow?
I'll bow to the consensus, of course but I just thought I'd bring these points to light. LV Eric suggested a designated Forum and the more I look at it, the more sense it makes. Not trying to make a big deal, here, just wanting help in deciding, as Saeed advised.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick,
First off, those were great articles you posted. Thank you for sharing those with us.

I'm with LVEric, personally I would like to see a forum dedicated for the purpose. Its much easier to stay "caught up" and make sure you don't miss anything. Guess that makes me a moocher, but I sure enjoyed those articles.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,

Make up your freaking mind.

If Saeed is going to give you your own slot, and you want it that way, do it dude!

Just don't forget to remind us old dudes that you have done it to it.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
DPhillips - Thanks for your views.

Will - We wish to consider all input, before deciding.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Any of them about women PH's or hunters? I'm still looking for anything related for a winter project!

Ann

I would have an Australian article about an Aussie girl who used to PH near Vic Falls once upon a time. Will look for it but it may take a while to find. The mags are everywhere!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick, old boy, do what you must. Personally, I'd like 10 days between posts as my work schedule kind of keeps out until dark. When I finally get home, the last thing I really need to do is sit in front of my personal confuser and download till I start falling asleep.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How about an "index" or list of articles already posted?

That way we can pester you day and night for zip files anytime we get bored and want something to read?

Seriously, thank you for your work on these articles and keep up the good work.

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please post them wherever you like - we'll read and enjoy them wherever and whenever you post them.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick,

The separate slot you now have is the ideal.

These are great articles especially for some of us Australians as we don't see the range of gun magazines and perhaps this might also apply to forum members from other countries.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there anyway of saving these files as tif file? That way the viewer can manipulate the size of them without degrading their quality.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,
I just wanted to take the time to say thanks for posting all these wonderful articles. I know it must be very time consuming. For someone like myself, who has virtually no experience with hunting dangerous game, your posts have been extremely educational. As far as I am concerned you are providing some of the best material out there for hunting and shooting enthusiasts. Keep the articles coming-- and again thanks a million.

Posts: 6 | Location: Central NY, USA | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Nickudu

I really think that Saeed, should open a special thread just for your articles There is a topic for books of interest , the ammount of articles you have will be enough to qualify for book...

Is it possible to get articles on a CD?

/ JOHAN

posted Hide Post
Mike,
Yep, looks as though the boss made up my mind for me.
Let's hope it works out.

Chuck,
Tif/ Tiff is good but filesize is enormous. Besides, many viewers would need additional image software to open them.

375fanatic - Thank You, You're Welcome.

Johan,
I now have 6x what I have posted, to date. It should be fun.
Make sure Saeed knows of your suggestion.