New
Find
Notify
Tools

DVD players in coach on SAA???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if the Airbus on the flight from Atlanta to Jo-berg has DVD players for rent or on the flight? Do/will the seats have a charger port for a player if you bring your own?
Thanks as I have 2 teenage boys traveling with me in June.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think so, however they do have about a dozen first run movies on the monitors in the back of every seat. I hope you guys are short because it's hard on the tail bone, scooting low enough to see the screen.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
dogcat

The only thing in coach is "personal" TV's at every seat. there's a lot of different things to watch and games to play on them. There's plenty to keep them busy!

As for ports to plug into, I'm pretty sure that's only in business & 1st class.

Have a great trip!!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Does anyone know if the Airbus on the flight from Atlanta to Jo-berg has DVD players for rent or on the flight? Do/will the seats have a charger port for a player if you bring your own?
Thanks as I have 2 teenage boys traveling with me in June.

It really much easier to get your doctor to write you a Rx for some sleeping pills only to wake for your meals. My in flight monitor died 1 hour out of Atlanta that was all she wrote.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bad news is that I am 6' 3", sons at 6' 1" and 5' 10".
I will be getting prescription for Ambien to knock us out for a few hours.
THanks for the info.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote