THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?
 Login/Join

posted
Express,

I think what happens is that the airlines do a calculation and add the figures for L, H and W to give them some idea of the bulk of the item.

I believe there is now a limit to this and it applies to all hold luggage not just guncases. This is being driven by Health and Safety regulations so the luggage handlers don't have to lift any thing too heavy (70lb) or bulky.

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
The last two Canadian Hunts I went on the Airline had to fly some of the luggage over on the next flight. I also got dinged for an extra luggage charge to get my antlers back in the country.

Hunters carry lotsa luggage so I wouldn't be to quick to take it personal they require this info. However GOLF clubs take up a huge amount of room as do SKIs, Snowshoes and a full compliment of tennis equipment. So IMO they better be going after those guys too. If they want to provide fair cargo room to their customers they better be fair.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With fuel prices as they are, it is just a matter of when and how much more it will cost us. Right now we are checking into the cost for a third bag to Africa next year. I suspect the carriers will go after ANYTHING to boost revenue over the near short term.

Posts: 1338 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote