THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Buffalo are more difficult to kill than elephant, therefore
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo are more difficult to kill than elephant, therefore
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
They can die like a milk cow in a pasture and make you wonder what all the fuss is about. Or not.

a hunter once commented : " When they are standing out there grazing they look like cattle , but when he charged us he looked like the orient express ! "

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely loved the story about not understanding the PH and trying to figure out what "just behind the grease" meant!

Although one of the two PHs wanted me to go for a brain shot on the one ellie I have killed, the other (the more experienced ellie hunter) told me to shoot just where the ear touched the shoulder (the bull was broadside). That worked perfectly with the big bull stumbling from the impact. We ran up another 10 yards and two more shots into the shoulder as the bull was falling did the trick.

Although I agree the brain shot on an ellie can result in spectacular kills, if you are off a bit, easy to do with an ellie's head, the ellie can run for miles. Having a large dangerous animal like an ellie running around with a headache, is not something I want to be responsible for (not counting the high cost of the trophy fee).

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote