Find
Notify
Tools

Crocodille skin dryed up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted
Got my croc home yesterday from Rsa.The skin have been tanned and mounted on black feld.The skinn is wery dry and stiff !anybody have a good solution how to get it unstiffen and looking more fresh!! Smiler any Oils or greace to make it looking ok again ?

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Throw it back in the river.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Big Grin bloody expensive croc bait

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you look closely for a small section that can be cut off without any damaged being seen.
Then try some Saddle Soap, or check around, maybe do a 'search' for: leather treatment products and see what turns up.

Try it on this small piece first to make sure it don't damage it. That way you'll save a whole lot of work and not ruin the full skin.

Good luck, let us know what you discover.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might get a better response in the taxidermy section.

Does it look bad, or is it just stiff and hard? A picture might help the experienced folks there.

I would contact the taxidermist and find out how they treated it, and if they have any suggestions also.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys Smiler the skinn looks fine its just wery stiff and grey looking!!i whould like to have the skin more soft and more glossy!will try some fine oil on a spot to see if it softens and get more glossy in the colour!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Ballistol oil works for me or you could try saddle soap or dubbin?

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is a hide relaxant that taxidermists use take to one & he can fix you up

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
donner, the head is painted if it is still attached. It will be stiff and not like a deer skin rug. Talk to a local taxidermist to see what to use.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
No head!!Got the skull Cool