THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Nowhere to post?...time to come together?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nowhere to post?...time to come together?
 Login/Join

posted
sorry please remove

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Derek, quit worrying about what others think. There will always be trolls. There are 99 good people and one troll. Forgot the troll and don't even respond to their posts. Post the pics, share the experience for all of us to enjoy.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I agree it has gotten pretty bad. Hunt reports are getting fewer and fewer every year. God forbid a man ever posts a picture of any game animal that's not 50 yrs old, no teeth and horns worn down to nubs.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.. Wink .

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
Derek, quit worrying about what others think. There will always be trolls. There are 99 good people and one troll. Forgot the troll and don't even respond to their posts. Post the pics, share the experience for all of us to enjoy.

Great advice from Little Joe. tu2

EVERY group has a few idiots,clowns,trolls...Internet or not.

Forget them and enjoy sharing your experiences.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Derek: Most of us try not to be judgmental. Please go ahead and post your hunt so we can enjoy it with you! tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Derek Blake:
After returning from a truly great hunt, it makes me sad when I realize the people I want to share my hunt with may never hear about it because of the ones looking to find fault, preach their own agenda or pass judgment.

I use to love to come back from a trip and share the memories.

This time I have not posted anywhere because of the arm chair critics that are missing out on supporting their fellow hunters, instead attacking the elements of another hunters dream.

We should be supportive and unified against the antis and the ones set to take our freedom to hunt, instead we fraction off into groups and pass judgment on one another… Seems so defeating to a lifestyle I so love.

On Bowsite: It’s not worth mentioning this trip because I used firearms, and don't really want to see the comments on what is really hunting and how it’s not up close and personal. So I did not post, not even a photo of game or general information that could help a fellow hunter.

On AR: I posted about this trip in the planning stages, when I mentioned where I was going...I was grilled on with whom and where and why. With every answer I gave a new statement was made. I was not doing anything illegal or unsporting. It was the best I could do within my own means.

So now on my return from a truly amazing trip filled with great hunting, great photos and some amazing memories with my family and the friends I met along the way. Posting just seems like it will only be reviewed not shared.

I do love the outdoors and the challenge of the hunt. I'm an honest, ethical, common guy who saves and stretches to make a trip I can afford. Only to be second guessed and criticized.

I will continue to read, learn, and live your experiences through you, because that's what we are supposed to do.

There are so many really great people who contribute here, whom I respect and learn from. Its the vocal minority that are forming our future.I only hope we ALL can come together as a support system, not judgmental elitists before its to late.

Derek,

You state that you have posted about your hunt earlier, and had others criticize you.

I am unable to find any of your previous posts, as you have a grand total of two posts??!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67246 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Manginaitis.... Get on with it and post..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Derek

Very nice and honest post. You were (are) Right on target.

Some on here are in the same boat with you concerning posting or even planning a safari and sharing that information with the group.

I have posted safari reports on another forum on my past safari sojourns. And have learned to leave the PH name out of the report, plus show only basic pictures of trophy's taken. The blacked out report is sometimes the better way to go.

A forum member that went on and had a great safari should not be second guessed on every little item in there safari report.

The arm chair critics have grown and are slowly driving members, who i like to read there comments and post away. And here is the kicker the way i see it,i do believe that these negative persons are anti hunting trolls that are on the forum.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1588 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
Now you've done it; you used a word that I had to look up.
However, I agree with your recommendation to post and Damn the torpedoes.
In my few years on AR, I have had no bad criticism and would ignore it if it happened!

Likely most of us were raised with this admonition; "If you can not say something nice, do not say anything at all". To do otherwise is bad manners.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Derek

As a small boy I lived in the US. One of the things I remember is a rhyme that I learned in the kindergarten; Sticks and stones will break my bones But words will never harm me. Smiler

I hope you can ignore the the few jerks and share your hunt with us.

Good Hunting
CF

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
After returning from a truly great hunt, it makes me sad when I realize the people I want to share my hunt with may never hear about it because of the ones looking to find fault, preach their own agenda or pass judgment.

This time I have not posted anywhere because of the arm chair critics that are missing out on supporting their fellow hunters, instead attacking the elements of another hunters dream.

We should be supportive and unified against the antis and the ones set to take our freedom to hunt, instead we fraction off into groups and pass judgment on one another… Seems so defeating to a lifestyle I so love.

On Bowsite: It’s not worth mentioning this trip because I used firearms, and don't really want to see the comments on what is really hunting and how it’s not up close and personal. So I did not post, not even a photo of game or general information that could help a fellow hunter.

On AR: I posted about this trip in the planning stages, when I mentioned where I was going...I was grilled on with whom and where and why. With every answer I gave a new statement was made. I was not doing anything illegal or unsporting. It was the best I could do within my own means.

So now on my return from a truly amazing trip filled with great hunting, great photos and some amazing memories with my family and the friends I met along the way. Posting just seems like it will only be reviewed not shared.

I do love the outdoors and the challenge of the hunt. I'm an honest, ethical, common guy who saves and stretches to make a trip I can afford. Only to be second guessed and criticized.

I will continue to read, learn, and live your experiences through you, because that's what we are supposed to do.

There are so many really great people who contribute here, whom I respect and learn from. Its the vocal minority that are forming our future.I only hope we ALL can come together as a support system, not judgmental elitists before its to late.

Derek,

You state that you have posted about your hunt earlier, and had others criticize you.

I am unable to find any of your previous posts, as you have a grand total of two posts??!

Me too. I don't see earlier posts.

Posts: 10252 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Derek - That's exactly why I won't post a hunt report on the trip I just returned from in Mozambique. Oh well maybe?

35 days in Mozambique, had a great time, shot a really nice Buff. "That's all folks", as the Looney Toons cartoon used to sign off with. wave

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I don't get it. It's not like you would be posting a lion picture or something.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:
quote:

Derek,

Me too. I don't see earlier posts.

He only joined yesterday; these are his early posts!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Manginaitis.... Get on with it and post..

Some of you just cant help yourself...but luckily there are people like Jorge with enough titles and testicles to take care of all of us.

Where are your previous posts?

Posts: 67246 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know Derek's particular situation but I do know that clients often tell me there is no way no how they would ever put a hunt report on AR. It doesn't have so much to do with the content of their personal hunts but they really are turned off by how poorly others have been treated when all they wanted to do was share with others what was a wonderful expereince for them.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12909 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I just post mine so my real friends can come to AR and read them. Most of the time folks are encouraging because I don't have the funds to do it right and it is more of a beginner's thing for me. Thanks for the privilege, Saeed and Don!

Barry

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So let me understand this.
You have nothing to post and are commenting on the fact you do not want to post but are posting this instead?

If you have nothing to say, say it....

Posts: 10252 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Since you know all about my balls and titles, what was your login name before you made this one up? Get over yourself ace, hunting reports have always been welcomed here...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where are your previous posts?

+1 where are they?
Sounds like a "double-troll" (aka double-agent) bsflag
donttroll stir diggin flame pissers homer BOOM horse hilbily

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye47?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds way to "trollish" for me..
If you have a report, and you want to post it, post it!
What's the worst that can happen? Yungetbpissed off and leave the forum? It's not like we known who you are....
Come on man, lighten up, or quit wasting people time....
We all have seen many issues, on many websites, it's not localized to this forum...if you want someone to kiss your ass, this is not likely the right place....
Btw, I'm en route to Zim right now, and you will see my hunt report...
I put input there tonhelp and entertain. I don't give a fuck what the assholes of the world think...

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am a guy metrosexual that just wanted to remind people how many of us are hormonally compromised and intimidated to post.

There, now it makes more sense...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:

I am a guy metrosexual that just wanted to remind people how many of us are hormonally compromised and intimidated to post.

There, now it makes more sense...

tu2

WHAT A CRYBABY! Roll Eyes

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I will always post my hunt reports,nobody runs me of AR,I know plenty of honorable people on this site,if you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself,maybe you are not really a hunter flame

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Intimidated on the Internet behind a fake name? I give up, what could be less intimidating? Post a report or don't, but do not use the excuse of " that mean old potato head might say something" as an excuse not to post. If your trip was wonderful, by all means post it and share your experiences. I have been on AR 10 years and have seen only a couple of "haters or critics" that we have all learned to ignore. I suggest you do the same if have a post to make.

But, don't come on here and tell us that you are afraid to post a report because of the boogeyman bully that is really a toothless, pen raised lion....

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
This thread is cracking me up. Post your safari. don't respond to the critics. Quite simple actually. Sadly, you have dug a hole the more you reply. First post was good; all down hill from there.

Post it. If you don't like the reponses delete your story.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kid you not....x2 horse

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
This thread is cracking me up. Post your safari. don't respond to the critics. Quite simple actually. Sadly, you have dug a hole the more you reply. First post was good; all down hill from there.

Post it. If you don't like the reponses delete your story.

I agree...thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have gained a ton of knowledge from AR, had a few laughs, and met some nice people on trips across the pond. I enjoy posting reports and sharing my hunt with others. I feel that's the least I can do for AR. You can't please all the people all the time, so why sweat the knobs.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Derek,

Unfortunately, this is how the medium of anonymous internet forums function. Those - who don't have to face you in real life - are emboldened to say what they want. With forum anonymity, there's no accountability, and I think sometimes, it brings out the worst in people.

Thus, you need a thick skin, and unfortunately appealing for mercy, makes things worse not better.

In spite of this, you can make friends, often via the PM option (the member sidebar). I've had many positive PM contacts with information exchange. I've bought some hard-to-find bullets. I've had great phone conversations with AR posters and received great advice.

Sincerely, I'd like to see your hunt reports, as well as view your photos and trophies. Great photos enhance a hunt report.

But before you do, please put on a protective layer of thick skin, hope for the best, and plan for or expect the worst.

Remember, if you choose, you can always delete your report and/or hide posts of certain people. I've done both.

Please post. You seem like a nice guy. In fact, I think your post here has brought-up a good discussion.

Regards, AIU

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I don't know Derek's particular situation but I do know that clients often tell me there is no way no how they would ever put a hunt report on AR. It doesn't have so much to do with the content of their personal hunts but they really are turned off by how poorly others have been treated when all they wanted to do was share with others what was a wonderful expereince for them.

Mark

I come across this as well. A very small percentage of my clients post reports on here for the reasons above. Part of the reason could be this exact thread...it could be an "Exhibit A". Guy comes on here wanting to talk about his hunt and possibly share it. For the first few posts he is greeted warmly...then once he doesn't talk about his prior experiences he is booted and treated less than civil.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Intimidated on the Internet behind a fake name? I give up, what could be less intimidating? Post a report or don't, but do not use the excuse of " that mean old potato head might say something" as an excuse not to post. If your trip was wonderful, by all means post it and share your experiences. I have been on AR 10 years and have seen only a couple of "haters or critics" that we have all learned to ignore. I suggest you do the same if have a post to make.

But, don't come on here and tell us that you are afraid to post a report because of the boogeyman bully that is really a toothless, pen raised lion....

If my profession depended on the good humor of AR I may moderate my discussions a little more carefully. My profession doesn't depend on AR so I feel free to post my experiences. As Dogcat says, intimidation via anonymous internet persons just ain't to scary.

Posts: 9192 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
easy Dude.
Post it and ignore the naysayers.
Honestly AR is the best thanks to Saeed.
best site there is here. You got nothing to loose so let loose

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So let me understand this.
You have nothing to post and are commenting on the fact you do not want to post but are posting this instead?

If you have nothing to say, say it....

yuck jumping

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really am not sure where so many get so upset about the responses here- most of the ones who do get ugly seem to wave the flag in front of the bull somewhat, and then get very sensitive about what is said.

I've posted several hunt reports on here and the worst I got was some PM's about how something was not proper.

Most folks say positive stuff. I do know I read pretty much every hunt report, and enjoy almost all of them...some I am just plain jealous of.

As my mother always used to say, "Don't let the bastards get you down!" Given my mom's dislike of profanity, it was a pretty strong statement from her, and still oh so true.

Posts: 10734 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, we could introduce rules like I have seen on one bow hunting website where the author stated that only POSITIVE posts are allowed.

We could also introduce functions like on Facebook where one can edit and delete posts that are deemed negative - like LIONAID does.

We won't though.

AR has always been founded on the principle of free flow of information between hunters and shooters.

I have had a number of individuals and companies that have questioned why we allow this on AR.

A dishonest outfitter, who gets his bad behavior displayed here for all to see, would send me an email asking for it to stop.

A dishonest PH who sells captured animals to glory seeking SCI members so they can enter another trophy under their names demands that the discussions regarding him stop.

We have had many of our own photos stolen from the site and used against us by the idiots who are against hunting.

Are we going to allow them to force us underground/ Cower in shame anyone brings up the fact that we are hunters?

Not in a million years for me.

I will proudly display and write about my hunts. I will share them with all my friends who wish enjoy reading my reports, looking at my photos and watching my videos.

Hunt reports are the best advertising for future hunters. Both those in the industry and those who enjoy hunting.

They are the BEST ADVERTS for African hunting! Period.

We went as far as to create a separate, dedicated forum for those in the industry to promote their hunts.

All we asked in return in that they post all the relevant details of their offer.

Why are we allowing this pure advertising all free of charge?

To encourage people to go and hunt. And hopefully introduce new hunters to our chosen sport.

I suspect that Derek was posting before using another ID.

I have no idea why he chose to post this subject using a new ID.

We all know the Internet can be an absolutely indispensable tool for practically anything we wish to find.

We also know that the Internet allows people to hide behind a fictitious name, and behave in a way which normally they have no wish to be known about.

At the end of the day, we form our own opinions, and can choose to believe what is posted or not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen brother!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed...that's the reason why I take great pride in being a member of this forum tu2

Roland