Find
Notify
Tools

Senuko Camp Save
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone stayed at Senuko recently? I would like your opionion. Thanks

Posts: 1867 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at Senuko in May of 2023 as an observer on my friends leopard hunt. We found the camp to be clean and well run with chalets on a kopje overlooking a water hole. The food was plentiful and well prepared. My thoughts on the game available are enough impala, zebra, elephant and buffalo. We saw some sable and kudu but no mature males. Other plains game kinda thin on the ground.
The elephant were common in the thick stuff along the streams with buffalo and zebra in the grasslands and there was LOTS of grass.
My friend shot a large zebra stallion on day 2 and a nice leopard just before dark on day 3. He subsequently shot a bushpig, an impala and a hyena. We saw lion tracks but no sign of rhino that are evidently in residence.
My friend was presented with a suggested tip list that included people and things that I had never encountered in that context. That was the only sour note that I recall.
If sable and kudu are important you might could do better but my friend did well taking a leopard on his first sit.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

Posts: 1867 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tip list always includes people you never saw. The folks who did your laundry and cleaned your tent while you were hunting, the night guards, the folks that kept the garis running, the skinners, the cooks, etc.

Posts: 10231 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try to meet and thank all of those people because I go back to to the skinning shed and the kitchen during the course of the hunt,

Posts: 10231 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote