New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to pay Reisers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How did ya'll pay Reisers taxidermy? They want the balance by 'SWIFT" payment and my bank has no clue what that is. They did not give me a routing number to for a bank transfer, and they don't take credit cards.
Thanks guys,
Lucio

the nut behind the butt makes the difference

Posts: 57 | Location: san antonio texas | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lucio,

If your bank really doesn't know what they mean by "Swift" numbers - you probably need to find another - perhaps larger bank.

However, before they can do any transfer of funds, your taxidermist must provide the "Swift" number, the routing numbers and the account numbers and account name, as well as the name and location of their bank.

I hope this helps.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Any bank, even a small one should know what a swift # is>

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Shortround,
if I remember well, more than a payment method, SWIFT is a codification that identify the destination bank, the destination agency and the destination account.
It must be used with the name of the account owner, and the complete bank address.

It semplify a credit transfer, or in this case a payment reducing the errors in money transfer.

How ever they must give to you the following data:

name of the bank
the address of the agency where the account is
the account code
the swift code.

When I made some swift transfer I obviously put also the payee and justification or the reason of the payment.
Hope that it help.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most personal accounts at banks do not allow for wire transfers. I use my company account to send overseas wires, which generally cost $50.00. Swift codes are generally not needed for domestic wire transfers even though I believe all banks have a Swift code. Perhaps you should try Paypal, if available it would be cheaper.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shortround- I paid Reiser from a SMALL bank- it it took some doing to get those numbers straight. As I remember we used a larger bank to do the wire after we transfered to that bank. On one of those transfers the $ ended up in another Windhoek business's acct but Wilko had that straightened out in short order.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,
Wilko provided me with the name of the bank, account #, and the swift code. The bank also needs a routing number. I will get back in touch with him and ask for a routing number. Thanks for all of the help,
Lucio

the nut behind the butt makes the difference

Posts: 57 | Location: san antonio texas | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Your bank should have no trouble wiring the money to Reiser with the information Wilko gave you. BofA just did it for me a couple weeks ago - cost $45.

Posts: 3300 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote