THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Martin Pieters Safaris on increased parks fees

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martin Pieters Safaris on increased parks fees
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted
Following up on Buzz's post and reiterating what he has said about areas having different contracts and agreements, at this time, we have managed to negotiate with our council in the Omay and our trophy fees remain as per my quoted rates of $ 3300 for buffalo bulls.
If for some reason council decide to renege on our agreement then unfortunately the trophy fees for buffalo will increase to the new rates
Our lion, elephant will remain the same as per my 2013 listed rates

Bow and hound permits will be increased to $ 1500 each as per the new parks fees

Hope we can hold out longer

Cheers

Martin

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Juha S.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:...
Bow and hound permits will be increased to $ 1500 each as per the new parks fees

Hope we can hold out longer

Cheers

Martin

Good news.Have a nice day...

Posts: 21 | Location: Finland | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
That is a bit of good news Mart. I guess if you are on CAMPFIRE/communal lands or private conservancies you can still negotiate pricing somewhat with those owners... be they the various tribes who own the land or the individual or corporation.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a buffalo/plains game hunt planned for the SAVE' in July and hoping for the same results.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
best of luck, Mart, in holding the line on price increases. my fear is the tribal council "brothers" will get as greedy as the bastard " brothers" in Parks...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I posted in the orginal Zim Article

It is an ideological battle, rather than one of greed. Edson Chiziya the acting DG would like to sell all hunts as individual pakages as per the zambezi valley actions (and Tuli and a few other areas now).

He belives that there should not be enough 'profit' left from running the hunt, what the PH makes and what parks makes for an 'operator' to have a cut and certainly not enough to entice politicians to try and get concessions for themselves. He also dislikes the 'concession' model where the value of the animals is effectively split between the trophy fee, the concession fee and the auction fee (when the concession is awarded) - especially as in too many cases where politicians have taken over a concession the money bid at the auction was never paid over and the annual concession fees have never been paid. If Edson gets his way, every PH will be able to buy from parks and the trophy fees will reflect the full valu8e of the animal, the land it is living on and the time to hunt it.

For some, this model of one man PH-cum-outfitter works quite well. For many of us, we would rather have a marketing person doing the selling and us just doing the hunting. As one of the architects of the 1990 plan to support operators to hold and maintain their concessions and reduce the number of hunts sold as pakages on Auction I supose I just don't see things Edsons way- but he always disagreed with both me and Brian Child (the ecologist responsible for quota setting and management in the CAMPFIRE areas).

I feel we are in for a few rocky years until economic reality rams the truth down parks throat. Not going to be fun to be a concession holder in those years thumbdown

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
Hope it works for you Martin.

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote