THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Lion Mauls and Kills girl at Wildlife sanctuary

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion Mauls and Kills girl at Wildlife sanctuary
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted
These lion walks have always made me slightly uneasy, but for some, it's like getting to play with Simba from a Disney movie. RIP to the unfortunate young lady.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28...uary-intl/index.html

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear this.

But, we do not know the full story yet.

I was at a reserve when an American woman was mauled by lioness, thankfully, she did not sustain serious damage!

We were being driven around looking at these lions and other animals.

With specific instructions to remain in the vehicles.

The American woman in question got out of the vehicle, to get better pictures.

A lioness came from behind and jumped on her.

They managed to get it off before any serious damage was caused.

There was serious talk of her suing them!!

Can you imagine how stupid this is??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Very sad to hear this.

But, we do not know the full story yet.

I was at a reserve when an American woman was mauled by lioness, thankfully, she did not sustain serious damage!

We were being driven around looking at these lions and other animals.

With specific instructions to remain in the vehicles.

The American woman in question got out of the vehicle, to get better pictures.

A lioness came from behind and jumped on her.

They managed to get it off before any serious damage was caused.

There was serious talk of her suing them!!

Can you imagine how stupid this is??

Sueing has become an American past time I'm afraid. And agreed, the full story has yet to emerge.....

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We Americans are not the only ones that sue. Here in Europe the practice is live and well.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not just an American pastime. I recall a couple who were both French lawyers suing because their daughter was killed by a leopard in Tarangire. That was around 2010-12.
Ever heard of watching your kid?

Yeah, nice kitty, let me pet you. Stupid!

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Not just an American pastime. I recall a couple who were both French lawyers suing because their daughter was killed by a leopard in Tarangire. That was around 2010-12.
Ever heard of watching your kid?

Yeah, nice kitty, let me pet you. Stupid!

If I remember rightly, there were signs posted that children should not left alone at nigh, due to leopards, hyenas and other animals.

Very sad for the little kid.

The parents were totally negligent!

We have been to camps in South Africa and Kenya.

And we never let kids walk around camp on their own.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I’ve been called an idiot and a whacko for questioning the latent effects of showing wild animals as live stuffed animals by hugging and kissing them. I don’t think displaying animals in this fashion does a good job of relaying the potential risk of being in their presence. I get the idea of bringing attention to, and trying to garner support for a noble cause, but changing the perceived nature of, well, nature, isn’t necessarily a wise thing in the long run, it seems to me. Timothy Treadwell did the same, and paid for it with his life. I hope that this poor girl didn’t have delusions of what a lion really was by the constant images of them being treated like house cats.