THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Question about Tanzania PH Association

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Tanzania PH Association
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted
Is there someplace where you can go and look to see who is a licensed PH in Tanzania. And also where you can go to see what they have to do to get there license there? I am not looking to get my licsense, I am only looking for information.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Here is a starting point for you

Tanzania Professional Hunters Association (TZPHA)

PO Box 354, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel (255 22) 266-6174
Fax (255 22) 266-7692
Contact person: Michel Mantheakis

I have another box number as weel, which one to use I am unsure /
P.O. Box 3483, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,

Try this email: < tzpha@hotmail.com >

Good luck

Regards, Peter [ Languishing downunder ] in the land of the LONG WHITE CLOUD beer

=========================================================

FYI some general facts from 2004 Hunting /

HUNTING BRINGS IN BIG MONEY

Tanzania earned US Dollars 9,000,271 last year from tourist hunting, an increase from US Dollars 175,966 from the US Dollars 8.8 million the country earned in 2003.

Revenue collection from hunting in the last five years totalled US Dollars 45.5 million.

According to senior game officer in the Wildlife Division in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, Julius Wandongo, some 46 hunting companies were licensed to hunt in 145 hunting blocks in various parts of the country last year.

221 professional hunters and 1654 clients came for tourist hunting of which fourty five per cent came from the United States, 15 per cent from Spain and nine per cent came from France.

During 2004, a total of 2,473,100 live animals were earmarked for business through capture and export.

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During 2004, a total of 2,473,100 live animals were earmarked for business through capture and export

Hey Peter, would appreciate the source of this info. Sounds unlikely but if correct, I would like to question the source about it Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:
Here is a starting point for you

Tanzania Professional Hunters Association (TZPHA)

PO Box 354, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel (255 22) 266-6174
Fax (255 22) 266-7692
Contact person: Michel Mantheakis

I have another box number as weel, which one to use I am unsure /
P.O. Box 3483, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,

Try this email: < tzpha@hotmail.com >

Good luck

Box 354 is Michel's company address (Miombo safaris) and box 3483 is the TPHA address. Both will do....
Cheers,

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich

Sounds high to me as well ///

Go for it ...

Information was published from the economic and trade section of the Embassy being from the first edition of their trade news in Jan 2005

Regards, Peter
--------------------------

The Royal Netherlands Embassy
in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Telephone
[+255 22] 2110000

Fax
[+255 22] 2110044

nlgovdar@intafrica.com

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. My request are sent and on their way. Hope to know more soon.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote