Find
Notify
Tools

Rowland Ward entries accepted.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted
Today, I received notification from R.W. that three of my animals from Namibia in 2004, qualifies for entry in the 27th Edition of R.W. "Records of Big Game."
Springbuck.
Cape Hartebeest.
Southern Bush Duiker.
Not too bad for my first trip to Africa!

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much do they charge for an entry?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love RW! They only charge like $10 per entry and have none of this "You must give us annual membership dues of $X as well" bullshit. Plus their standards for entry are higher than SCI's. PLUS they don't have any of this "inner circle" and "level" crap that turns hunting into a competition.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I, too have 3 entered in RW. A blesbok, a kudu, and a black wildebeest. Mount should be here in under 30 days. My PH paid for the entry!

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That is great. Did they have to be measured again separately by RW measurer on your return, or can they go off original SCI measurement scoresheets? Could you provide me with some contact info, as I would be interestied in registering several of mine also?

They are:
16.5" Springbok
17" Blesbok
57" on curve, 30" wide Blue WB
24.75" Red Hartebeest

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! clap

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
The PH was Certified by R.W. to measure. He paid for the entry. Not sure, but I think it was $10 to $20 each.
My Sons Kudu should also make it.
They will be in next years 27th Edition.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Today, I received notification from R.W. that three of my animals from Namibia in 2004, qualifies for entry in the 27th Edition of R.W. "Records of Big Game."
Springbuck.
Cape Hartebeest.
Southern Bush Duiker.

Does Rowland Ward have a website? Do you have a phone number for them?

Thanks,
HOOT

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Springbuck.
Cape Hartebeest.
Southern Bush Duiker.

Hey, disregard my previous request. I got the information on the next thread.

Thanks, again
HOOT

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote