Find
Notify
Tools

Errors in Dakota Magazine
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just finished reading the article titled Have Guns, Can Still Travel by Silvio Calabi (page 46 in the most recent Dakota Firearms magazine/brochure).

There are several critical errors in the article.

It is US Customs Form 4457 - not Form 4455 as the article repeatedly states.

You can NOT complete this form on line as is indicated in the article. You must take your firearms to Customs and complete the Form 4457 so that Customs can verify the serial numbers on the form.

The airport code for Johannesburg International Airport is JNB - not JHN as indicated in the article.

Just wanted everyone to be aware of this, just in case you were planning on using that article as a guideline for traveling with firearms.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the observation! I had just read the article and kept the magazine for reference for my upcoming trip. I will print this off and attach it. P.S. are you the man I talk to about getting my Karma updated? Thanks, Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Lee,

Go here Forum Suggestions and make a post and ask Don to change your status to "One of Us".

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
It is US Customs Form 4457 - not Form 4455 as the article repeatedly states.

You can NOT complete this form on line as is indicated in the article. You must take your firearms to Customs and complete the Form 4457 so that Customs can verify the serial numbers on the form.

You must be kidding. A guy writes an article on how to travel with firearms and misses this little tidbit of info?

Makes me wonder if he has ever traveled internationally in his life.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is those tweed clothes he wears to the Vintagers conclave. The thread is treated with a chemical that attacks the memory center of the brain.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote