Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia number one.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted

The US Department of State has recently begun assigning every country a travel advisory level (1-4) to help label the safest countries in the world. We've taken these level 1, "exercise normal precautions," countries and combined them with the Global Peace Index from 2017 to create a list of the best and safest countries to visit this year.

The Global Peace Index is a comprehensive evaluation of each country's level of militarisation, domestic/international conflict levels, and societal safety and security. The "State of Peace" for these countries all ranked as "Very High" or "High" on the Global Peace Index for 2017 .

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I'll buy that. I always have felt comfortable in Zambia.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
I can wholeheartedly agree Andrew. We drove up to Lukuklu during October entering at Wenela border post and felt safe every second of our fishing trip. The Zambians are truly some of the most friendly people in all off Africa!

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canada not in the top ten safe countries to visit?
joe

Posts: 109 | Location: Nunavut CANADA | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-S:
joe

Too many Canadians. They get hopped up on Maple Syrup and Eh you to death.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Your last really gave me a chuckle. THX!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s right eh
Joe

Posts: 109 | Location: Nunavut CANADA | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last two safaris have been in Zambia as well, with Andrew.

My next one? In Zambia with Andrew!

Been to Zimbabwe twice. That's enough for me.

Somehow, I don't feel the 'new' government is going to change much in Zim, but for their sake, and hunters the world over, I hope I'm wrong.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-S:
joe

How the hell can you expect to a place with -31 degrees to be safe??

I am in Smithers and I feel I might freeze to death any minute! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdwest
posted Hide Post
Granted, Costa Rica isnt nearly as bad as its other Central American neighbors..

But I think its a stretch to consider it one of the top 10 safest places on the planet to visit..

Perhaps if you go STRAIGHT to one of the tourist resort areas, and never touch down in San Jose.. Or go there only to vacation, and not on business, etc..

The US State Departments Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) certainly didnt give Costa Rica great marks in the area of security.. and even assessed San Jose as a HIGH THREAT area for crime..

The murder and drug crime rates are well above what most would consider "average" or acceptable as well..

https://www.osac.gov/pages/Con...tails.aspx?cid=21696

I spend a good bit of time in Central America, and have been traveling the region consistently since the early 90's.. I was surprised to see Costa Rica on the list..

The other countries listed seem pretty reasonable and believable..

All that said.. the worst streets in San Jose are still preferable to some neighborhoods in Detroit, Chicago, Memphis, and DC that I have been in..

Posts: 65 | Location: DFW | Registered: 01 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Times have certainly changed,

I wonder if houses are still being built with customary "safe rooms" with shooting ports.

I also wonder if the "compound" in Lusaka still in operation - if I recall curfew kicked in at 9 or 10pm for the local populace and a fair amount of shooting could be heard later on.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yeh, and TZ should have been on the list too, right fulvio?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Yeh, and TZ should have been on the list too, right fulvio?

Jerry,

What I stated about Zambia is a fact, not fiction and maybe some of the old hands who lived in Zambia in the 80's may chime in.

Zambia today is apparently a very enticing place.

TZ must have given you a bad trip - I wonder why.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zambia.....where's that? I hope to go there someday???? Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have thought Zambia very safe, well, except when driving to Tondwa. That road was a hazard in itself... but supposedly it’s better now, so Zambia moved up!

Big Grin

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That makes sense to me, because ne'er-do-wells know that Andrew protects his turf. He's the Chuck Norris of Zambia :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
When Mugabe heard Andrew was going to visit Zim, he simply resigned and retired

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
When Mugabe heard Andrew was going to visit Zim, he simply resigned and retired

..................................................................... jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Times have certainly changed,

I wonder if houses are still being built with customary "safe rooms" with shooting ports.

I also wonder if the "compound" in Lusaka still in operation - if I recall curfew kicked in at 9 or 10pm for the local populace and a fair amount of shooting could be heard later on.

any days in 80s and 90s in lusaka was a paradise day if you compared with bangui in those days ... i do not know for today but i will rely on the local guys ...

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Safe" is largely a combination of situational awareness and common sense. Zambia is great. So is Zimbabwe. Even during the coup. It's been my experience that US embassies tend to over-react.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zambia....hunted there many times, even with the infamous Baldry. Its a wonderful place for a safari!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I very much enjoyed my time in Zambia, in the bush and also in Lusaka. Hope to go back soon.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote