posted
[URL= ][IMG]

Hamdeni

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Talk about used, and abused! thumbdown

What a terible way to treat the Mauser 98, and the BRNO 602! Why would anyone let a rifle get in that kind of condition? CRYBABY Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey! Looks like a pop-up peep on that BRNO ZKK 602, and it also looks like the stock is missing a big chunk of wood behind the tang. Lighten up Mac, be kind to those old warriors. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That may be Mac, but I bet if those rifles could tell stories there'd be some adventures for sure!
Some people apreciate "character" others want pristine. Me I like fully functional, a few dings show use.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
That may be Mac, but I bet if those rifles could tell stories there'd be some adventures for sure!
Some people apreciate "character" others want pristine. Me I like fully functional, a few dings show use.

Big Grin "CHARACTER"? I could stand a little less character, than a pound of wood missing from a stock,and that rifle could tell the tales just as well, with a little less torture haveing been applied!
jumping

RIP
quote:
Hey! Looks like a pop-up peep on that BRNO ZKK 602, and it also looks like the stock is missing a big chunk of wood behind the tang. Lighten up Mac, be kind to those old warriors.

I think I was quite a bit more kind to those old warriors than the owner! Wink

You guys are right, however, they may have spread joy in a lot of places,but there is no excuse for the treatment they got in return! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I realize this may come as heresy to some of you, but to some hunters firearms are not works of art or old friends, but tools. For example, I don't bother to keep my 20 oz framing hammer clean, so long as it's functional.

I think those rifles look great!

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wihntr:
I realize this may come as heresy to some of you, but to some hunters firearms are not works of art or old friends, but tools. For example, I don't bother to keep my 20 oz framing hammer clean, so long as it's functional.

I think those rifles look great!

A rifle is not a framing hammer, nor is it a necessarily a work of art. But if you treat your framing hammer like shit and it fails you, there is not much lost. A rifle is also, in many ways, the reflection of the owner. and outward appearances are almost always a reflection of what is inside. stir

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bunch of new CZ's to me...

banana

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reflecting what, exactly? Master, please enlighten this poor dim student.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Just one question: How did you get into my gun cabinet to take that photo?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That hurts my eyes . . .

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was on this site that I read where PH's like to see someone with a worn rifle, rather than the safe queens most are fond of on this site, show up in camp. It is an indication that the man behind the rifle uses it for more than a conversation piece.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My God gentlemen, have you never seen well used rifles before. Around here they are common place. Used as tools and not much else. They have a style not appreiciated in this day and age. Rifles used by someone on a daily basis, not just when they are on vacation.

Maineguide

Posts: 75 | Location: Dover NH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To expand on billquimby's post. Mac you defintely have not looked at my gun rack. Well used fiberglass, stainless, teflon abounds. An ugly lot yes but they all do their duty when called upon.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Saeed's favorite hunting rifle!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That bottom rifle is a Remington Mohawk 600 with a replacement full length stock...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote