Find
Notify
Tools

Wife or hunting buddy ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Being now married for seven months I'm starting to arrive to some deep philosophical conclusions, such as, why the hell I don't get married with my hunting buddy ??? Big Grin

When wife says (usually at 3 am) "we need to talk"...she refers to future, family, mothers in law, etc

When hunting buddy says "we need to talk" he refers to calibers, game, rifles, etc..

Wife gets angry if I don't watch with her Brad Pitt's last movie..

Hunting buddy gets angry if I don't watch with him Craig Boddington's last movie...

When wife organize a card play she is thinking in inviting her cousins and old uncles to have tea and play bridge.

When hunting buddy organize a card play he is thinking in inviting a bunch of hunters and that usually involves money, whisky and cigarretes till late hours.

Wife complains about how much hunting I'm doing now.

Hunting buddy about how little hunting I'm doing now.

The list goes on and on... Roll Eyes

What more I've to discover???

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Being now married for seven months I'm starting to arrive to some deep philosophical conclusions, such as, why the hell I don't get married with my hunting buddy ???

If you don't know the answer to that one, I think you are beyond our help (or you have an entirely different type of hunting buddy).

My wife does not like my being gone on hunting trips but has grown more supportive over the years. I recently returned from being gone and out of touch for more than two weeks and she has been pretty good about the whole thing. But, that is after 15 years of marriage.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:

What more I've to discover???

L

Well, you could discover that there are females that hunt and could carry on a conversation with you, go hunting with you, etc...but...sounds like it's too late! Razzer

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Well, you could discover that there are females that hunt and could carry on a conversation with you, go hunting with you, etc...but...sounds like it's too late! Razzer

Yes, I think the cows are already out of the barn on that one...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is Wifezilla's and my 28th wedding anniversary. She leaves my gun/fishing room alone and I don't divorce her, it's worked so far.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
roflmao

I must start by convincing her how good venison is....then maybe we can upgrade her to the category of "hunting buddy" Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you don't discover that your wife knows how to read your post, or the only hunting you'll be doing is for some flowers or jewelry!

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
jump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 ex wives, 1 wife, 3 children of my own, 4 $$ sucking bratty step daughters, and I finally realized I should have gone hunting more often for venison than women!
Gee isn't life just grand!
LIVE & LEARN then buy a good hunting dog. That dog will get up at 4 AM with you sit in a wet blind,eat your leftovers,put her head in your lap,and when you get home after stopping for a drink with the boys at the local bar to talk women and hunting, that same dog will jump onto your lap for a hug and a pat on the head. Wyn

One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
yeh but there is one thing the dog cant do for you, unless of course your like that bloke from Kenya who got caught with the goat/sheep or whatever it was Wink

Posts: 168 | Location: London,UK | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you don't need to make her your wife to do that!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It gets better with time, if you stay with one wife. This year I will leave for Zim on our 41st anv. and she stays home.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My fiance grew up hunting with her dad, she has two shotguns (nicer than mine) and carries a .45 acp on her CCW that she got before meeting me. Big Grin

She also just arranged to purchase a Marlin Guide Gun in .45-70 after falling in love with mine. Big Grin Big Grin

There's venison in the crockpot at home and she just sent me an email reminding me that I have to fix cornbread to go with it. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Maybe you just need to get your wife interested in the sport? Any version of the shooting/hunting/collecting sport...

PS. don't challange my lil woman to a tequila drinking contest. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

jump Life is Good! jump

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh! I have a good woman now, whom inherited her daddy's sporting goods storeS.She's been across the salt pond hunting with me couple of times. She doesn't drink a drop, I do the cooking cause all she eats is salad an fruit, and we have a gal come over twice a week to clean the house up after my labs.
I'm just still paying for my "wilder days" of chasing women, golf balls, and my secretary thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm very fortunate.

I've seen my wife shoveling blood with a snowshovel to clear the area around a bison bull's carcass because it was getting to the top of her boots.

She stood beside me with a steady rifle at the ready as a herd of about 150 bison thundered right at us, and passed on both sides within five yards of where we stood.

One winter's day, she killed three caribou from the deck of our rural home, and had them gutted and up on the deck by the time I got home from shooting four others a little further away.

She cooks like a Cordon Bleu chef (specifically including game meat), looks like a million bucks, and also likes fishing, canoeing, etc.

It's 38 years and counting....

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I meant to include this in my previous post. Dunno where I found it, but I like it!

"Marrying for sex is like buying a 747 for the peanuts."

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Until this year, my wife had never been hunting with me. We've been married for 33 years. My son and his wife and I were going sage rat hunting (more accurately shooting instead of hunting). When she saw how destructive the little varmints were she decided to give it a try. Now, if I want my rifle back, I'm going to have to buy her one. It was great fun watching her grimmace every time pieces of sage rat went flying in all directions. You just have to find the right animal and you can have another hunting buddy. Gary t.

"We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm." - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Make a few hunting trips where the wife can go along. I went to New Zealand a couple years ago & hunted for 4 days, sent the wife on a train tour w/ her girlfriend during my hunting time. We got back together & played tourist for another week. She had a great time, so did I.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Solution is simple. Either marry a hunter or teach her to hunt. My wife is my hunting buddy.
273 yard shot on a running ostrich in the Kalahari.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Joe:
Solution is simple. Either marry a hunter or teach her to hunt. My wife is my hunting buddy.
273 yard shot on a running ostrich in the Kalahari.

Man look at them legs. On the bird you know beer jump

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
roflmao

I must start by convincing her how good venison is....then maybe we can upgrade her to the category of "hunting buddy" Big Grin

L

A word of caution, upgrades to "Wife 1.0" can cause system crashes and unstable operation of the "system", be careful, use lots of chocolate and flowers!!

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to marry my first hunting partner. She always encourages me to use enough gun.

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Seriously Roll Eyes, I would like to get married again, but am so afraid of what happened with the past one that I haven't even dated lately. Finding a wife who hunts is like finding a treasure chest in the back yard...its happened, but not that often. shame

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
If I don't find a tall, slender, non-smoking Republican woman who likes guns and hunting, I'll stay single. I see no logical reason to compromise. There are worse things than living alone.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Twenty seven years ago we got married. Six months later she proclaimed " I didn't know you hunted so much - I explained, that's because we got married in fishing season". Ten years ago, she explained to friends, he hunted 90 days that year! Today, she drug 2 100# boxes of African taxidermy supplies into the foyer, and bitched because they back-ordered the hartebeest and wildebeest forms, and didn't include the right eyes! Life really is what you make of it.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't picture you playing 'Bridge', Lorenzo !!! Frowner I surely must have read that wrong ??? Confused On safari next year, however, if you insist on playing that game I suppose we could bring over a few Himba chicks to accompany you ... beer

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Paladin said:

Maybe you just need to get your wife interested in the sport? Any version of the shooting/hunting/collecting sport...

You can't teach an old dog new tricks!

OK, so how young is the bitch? Sorry, how young is your wife?

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
#1 & #2 did not fish or hunt.
Total time wasted 7 years.

#3 is going on 14 years this summer.

Difference? #1 & #2 were taken to fancy restaurants etc. First date with #3 was a float trip on the Yellowstone. Got serious with #1 & #2 after they said they "loved me"; got serious with #3 after she shot her first antelope.

#3 and I fish in Yellowstone Park July and August and hunt antelope, deer and elk in the fall. She has her own custom Ruger No.1 in 270 and is a fair shot with her Super BlackHawk 44.

We are planning 21 days in Africa next year.

If you don't like to do the same stuff it won't last or, you just get pissed off at the other person when you "have to" do something you could care less about or that prevents you from following your own passions.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

Do what all Latin safari hunters do. Get a safari mistress.

Just remember to take two cameras and two sets of film.

Then you will have three to worry about - the wife, the buddy, and the mistress. Write a book. Razzer

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

I may have solved the PROBLEM !!!!

How about I offer a special {LOST WIVES in AFRICA SAFARI} for those that have MARRIED hunters..

We can make it a 12-day Safari for the gal's and they can do all the girlie things like shopping shopping shopping .....

Just one thing or word of warning (hunters) you better hide your credit cards as their safari may cost a lot more than your plains game SA hunt will Eeker

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
Lorenzo

Do what all Latin safari hunters do. Get a safari mistress.

Just remember to take two cameras and two sets of film.

Then you will have three to worry about - the wife, the buddy, and the mistress. Write a book. Razzer

For the family album

SafariHunt and me

For private (show buddies) album

Nicolette (Miss Limpopo) and me !

please keep this post confidential !

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cc

I see you have a website now. So this is what you've been doing all the while. I guess I'll just have to check it out after this. Any discount on your CD for AR members since I've missed the free Beta version a while back?

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
475 guy

Actually that was two years ago and what has been taking my time lately is to much work. However now it looks like I will be able to spend time to do what I like and that will be noticed on this forum. My movie "Africa and the Big Viking - South African Adventures" are not yet available in an NTSC version but that will happen soon. About discounts I can't say more then it will be well worth the money to buy the movie even at full price Smiler!

In the meantime I can tease you with another project I am up to at the moment. Check out this promotional trailer here.

cchunter skeet trailer

Please accept that most of the site is under construction and pages may not work!

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote