New
Find
Notify
Tools

JudgeG goes BOOM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This link is JudgeG firing his 470. The spotter (jorge) calls a bullseys. Notice how smug JudgeG remains.

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=1122

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the view. It was difficult to see the target but I think I heard "Bull" from the spotter and it looked a little like a ford truck going down in the distance.
Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
What is the range of the target?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This young lady made it look easy. I always heard that the kick of a 470 was bad but she made it look too easy. GREAT guns!!!~!!

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
We had been shooting over the top of a truck with a sandbag supporting our left hands. The truck was at 50 yards and I wanted to shoot several shots off-hand. I'd guess that we moved up to 40 yards or so. The bull was a four inch circle.

Personally, I'm amazed how little recoil I seem to experience (and a wee bit surprized that of all the videoing, 1115 was nice enough to report a bullseye.) You might hear me say something to the effect, "... I know where to aim". I say that becausee another fellow had shot the gun low and I was refering to the "spot on" hold, instead of the 6 o'clock hold that he had been using.

1115 is a gracious host and if you are within 500 miles of his place, you need to start lobbying to get some of his BBQ ribs or brisket!

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be glad to host a gathering on a Sunday afternoon, of AR members to include some good food, and firing off a few rounds. JudgeG, if you will pick a date, and the guestlist, I will do my part. For those who can't make it, we will take pictures and videos. Fair enough??

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
The recoil doesn`t seem to bad. Maybe a antirecoil-guy like me actually could handle one..? Wink
What kind of double is that..? Looked a bit like a Heym..
What`s the weight?

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lb404:
This young lady made it look easy. I always heard that the kick of a 470 was bad but she made it look too easy. GREAT guns!!!~!!

For those that missed it at first (I did!), here's the link to the other video:

Daughter and Double Rifle
http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=1128

Also see this thread:
Proud Pop (fixed I hope)

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in; I'd like to meet some other GA A-R members. I'm in Gwinnett Co.

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale,
All I can say is that if a hog roots around under a tree long enough, he will eventually come up with an acorn, or a bullseye....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Anders,
The tricks to recoil are:
1) enough weight in the gun
2) fat recoil pad
3) large enough butt area (on the gun, wise guys!)
4) hold tight and roll with the punch

I used to be afraid of recoil, too. Now I'm to numb to notice. nut

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote