New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Logistics Moz
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has any readers had experiance with a logistics company called EMIAC Moz Lda in Mozambique or EMIAC (pty) in South Africa? I am trying to get a Buff trophy back to the US. They seem to be nickel and dime-ing me to death.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$ 1500.00 to get a reedbuck and oribi cape and horns from Mozambique to a US port of entry. Mostly paperwork charges that you have pay both in Mozambique and again in SA.

Posts: 1915 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
They are very good at screwing you. Of course the entire export system is good at extracting the maximum amount of bribes.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On 2 of my last 3 hunts, when I got the bill for their fees, I told them to just keep the stuff. Then they start lowering the tab...i never answered back. It's criminal.

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Maybe talk to 500Jeff who is advertising plains game and buffalo hunts here on AR.

He says:

quote:
Originally posted by 500 Jeff:
Will try to clarify your doubts.

Regarding the cost of preparing, crating and documentation in Mozambique should be around 200 USD.
All of that plus the airfreight from Maputo to Portugal, dispatch, veterinary inspection, etc. and delivery to the clients door for the last 3 Portuguese clients was 700 to 1,000 euro depending on weight and volume of their trophies and all had cape buffalo plus a few plains game.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
They are very good at screwing you. Of course the entire export system is good at extracting the maximum amount of bribes.

I have no experience of this company, but I can tell you that I agree with you completely on the terrible state of trophy export and preparations it has got into.

One reason I have given up doing much taxidermy work,prices have gone so ridiculous it is really is not worth it any more.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I've been interested in Moz buff hunts because they seem very reasonable, but I hear Moz has many hidden fees.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mominer:
Has any readers had experiance with a logistics company called EMIAC Moz Lda in Mozambique or EMIAC (pty) in South Africa? I am trying to get a Buff trophy back to the US. They seem to be nickel and dime-ing me to death.

I have had the non pleasure of using them. They don't seem to be, they Are nickel and dime-ing you. After a dozen safaris, I came to realize that all these guys are terrible....but EMIC in Moz are the worst of the worst. Nothing like having your trophies held hostage through their extortion.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fully agree, Moz. is the worst. I paid for trophy care/shipping from Milton Hobwani of Trophy Export Mozambique, who promptly disappeared. And this exporter was recommende and used by an extremely respected PH.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I've been interested in Moz buff hunts because they seem very reasonable, but I hear Moz has many hidden fees.

I've been asking questions on the Ads for Mozambique hunts posted by 500Jeff but there seems to be a language issue. The biggest thing keeping me from considering my next hunt in Moz is the lack of clarity on the fees/costs.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
I have sent a link pertaining to this thread to EMIAC, suggested they pull their finger out.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Wonder if anyone has had the same experiences from Zambia?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:

I've been asking questions on the Ads for Mozambique hunts posted by 500Jeff but there seems to be a language issue. The biggest thing keeping me from considering my next hunt in Moz is the lack of clarity on the fees/costs.
I am having my stuff sent over to Life Form, hides tanned, skulls cleaned for euro mounts, and possibly some taxidermy. I will post later how it goes.

Posts: 1092 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I did this with a croc hide, sable, red duiker, bush pig and suni. It cost over $2000 to get them from Chomoio(sp?) to White River- and this was in 2008!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote