THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Dakota says no to African Sheep Rifle II :(

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Dakota says no to African Sheep Rifle II :(
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
They really do suck.

I wouldn't give more than $500 for the overcomplicated piece of junk. But in your case, since you claim yours is accurate, I might go up to six hundred.

I'd respond in a serious vein, but I'm trying to depress the market price of used Blasers so I can snap up a couple more. And anyway, if I said anything positive about the R93, the anti-Blaser monkeys would throw coconuts at me.

Posts: 13653 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put down that dangerous Blaser man, and step away before it blows up on you! I'll put on my ballistic gear and come get it before any innocents get hurt.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
surestrike,

Despite what people may say here, the Blaser is a very well thought of,and very popular rifle in Europe and the UK. I know a few hunters with them and they would not use anything else.
Having said that, I have read about one or two instances of some quite nasty accindents with it.

If you ask the question on the European Forum, I am sure you will get some balanced feed back about it.

regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric's all reformed now. He is a SPAM king.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No I'm worse. I'm a lead broker responsable for all the telemarketer calls and junk mail. I mail 300,000 solications a week for my credit offer.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah ha! LV Eric is the perfect example of the "Peter Principle." Ever read thet book? The basic premise is that "scum floats to the top of the pond." Quack quack.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, you forgot to throw me in with Saeed and the mis-labeled quack , I'm a telemarketer, it dosent get any worse!!!!! Were lower than whale $hit. (I was until 8 years ago.)

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Eric,
I'm blushing from embarrasment. You've been writing me all these years, and I never wrote back. I'll stop by if I make it down to the SHOT show.
JCN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please find me anytime your in Vegas. I'm here 75% of the time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RIP,

"I have never cracked a Brown Precision stock, but I quess there is the occasional lemon just like with the Dakota walnut stocks, eh?"

Years ago I was sighting in a 7&1/2# .458 Win. Mag. built by Brown Precision on a Model 70 Push Feed action with a blind magazine. It was, at the time, their "Professional Hunter" model. This was before the new control feed Model 70's came out. Anyway, I cracked that stock not once but twice. This was at the forend screw hole and extended back to the trigger guard. The third time it held. The rifle has a nice hole in the side of the butt stock now where a Nile Buffalo horned it. We left it that way. Prompts a lot of questions and funny looks!

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote