Find
Notify
Tools

"First Light" 2010 DSC convention?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Guys, I'm an SCI member but would prefer to make my first big convention the DSC affair, as I can combine it with a visit to my daughter, a sophomore at Baylor. How is the coming convention shaping up? I recall comments last winter about the venue, and the usual DSC vs. SCI stuff. I don't have a whole lot invested in this, as I cannot afford another African hunt for the foreseeable future. But a big piece of my heart is in Texas, land of my ancestors. I think the $100 package of a year's DSC membership and a four-day pass to the convention is a good deal. I'd also like to meet some of the various Bubbas, DRSS members, Camp Cooley hunters and others whose posts have been so entertaining here on AR over the years. Why hell, I might even get a chance to meet Ray A. and talk .25-35s.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a string on here about the AR gathering. You would be most welcome.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went down to the Convention Center yesterday to look at the layout and plan for the DSC Firstlight Move In/Out. The Convention center will have all 1000+ exhibitors in one huge room instead of 2 rooms and a tent like at Market Hall. More dock space and bigger doors for easier set up and tear down. Once the exhibitors get the downtown layout figured out they will love the new venue.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Bill-My youngest, a girl, just graduated from Baylor this month. That's the end of putting four kids through private schools here in Texas, so, I just might be able to book a hunt at the DSC convention this year! (This last one looked at, got accepted at, and thought about A&M, but oh no, couldn't give Dad a state tuition break; that just wouldn't be right!) Anyway, I think you'll like the convention. 'Look forward to seeing you. By the way, I've got an 1894 in .25-35.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Most of the DRSS stays at the Comfort INN.

214 461 2677.

On Sat we have a get together in there, and it is nice just to be able to walk to your room.

Room price is $99.00 a night. We have stayed there several years.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the friendly advice, fellas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
around here they print bumper stickers that say

"My Son/Daughter and my money both go to _______(fill in the blank) University! Sounds like you guys need a couple

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Guys, I'm an SCI member but would prefer to make my first big convention the DSC affair, as I can combine it with a visit to my daughter, a sophomore at Baylor. How is the coming convention shaping up? I recall comments last winter about the venue, and the usual DSC vs. SCI stuff. I don't have a whole lot invested in this, as I cannot afford another African hunt for the foreseeable future. But a big piece of my heart is in Texas, land of my ancestors. I think the $100 package of a year's DSC membership and a four-day pass to the convention is a good deal. I'd also like to meet some of the various Bubbas, DRSS members, Camp Cooley hunters and others whose posts have been so entertaining here on AR over the years. Why hell, I might even get a chance to meet Ray A. and talk .25-35s.

Bill we'd love to have you back in Texas for the DSC convention! Unless you just want it the Membership is not a must to attend the convention. Tickets are available at the door, about $20. There will be tons of AR, and DRSS members there, just look around for the caps, and shirts with the AR emblem displayed. Most of the DRSS members will be found at the Champlin's booth, or the Heym booth, and anyone else who has double rifles on display, or for sale.
..............Come on Down, we'll hold a seat for you! clap

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote