New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand Legend stocks and rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got this message from D'Arcy Echols and his permission to spread it around. I'm very pleasantly surprised that he remembered since I asked them about this several months ago.

From D'Arcy -
I have finally 100% commited to building my Left Hand Legend mold as I have taken deposits for Complete Left Hand Legend Rifles. The stocks will also be availible sometime this spring. You will be able to use a right or left handed Model 70 or Montana 1999 action for those guys to grew up shooting a right handed bolt but want a true left hand designed stock.

Left handers - rejoice!

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Great news for us southpaws indeed!

Any idea what the price for the stocks will be?

Will they be available for different action lengths?

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yippee!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Great news for us southpaws indeed!

Any idea what the price for the stocks will be?

Will they be available for different action lengths?

You will need to contact D'Arcy Echols directly to learn of other updates. When I took delivery on my .300 Win Mag Legend rifle a year and four months ago, I do not believe D'Arcy made his stocks available alone. They will probably only be available as complete rifles.

He was only making them in belted magnum calibers, as they are the ones he has been 100% successful in getting to feed flawlessly. The calibers then available were, 7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, .300 Weatherby Mag, .338 Win Mag, .375 H&H, 416 Rem Mag and 458 Lott. D'Arcy will work up loads for you, if interested, or will deliver the rifle with targets and 40-100 factory rounds put through it.

I paid $6000, plus Federal Excise Tax. I do not know if their will be a supplement for the left handed models. That will be expensive to a lot of guys, but is a lot less than a Jarrett.

Allen Day owns a few of them, and was very helpful to me before buying one.

After having, and selling, 6 other rifles for one reason or another, this is the one rifle I will have as long as I live.

D'Arcy Echols
98 West 300 South
Millville, Utah
1 435 755 6842

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote