THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    $ 78K for a 10 day Trophy / Ele hunt in Letaba!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$ 78K for a 10 day Trophy / Ele hunt in Letaba!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got an email from Fauna Safari Club offering a 10 day hunt on 12,000 HAs in the Letaba Safari area bordering Kruger Park in the RSA. The cost which includes the trophy fees for both the trophy elephant and the buffalo is $ 78K. I know this area has always been pricey, but it seems the closure of Zim and Tanzania for importing ivory to the USA is definitely having an impact.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I am not in the market, but am curious....weight restrictions on the elephant?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weight restrictions in all open concession with Kruger are limited to 70lb, any one marketing it as a bigger bull will be working outside the given mandate by Kruger,

It's a good area only problem is the 12000 hectares it's a small space to work if the Elephants are not in the area,

As for the Price, it's cheaper than what we sell our Trophy Elephant and Buffalo combo in the Timbavati

Reg

JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
That's kinda what I figured on all fronts.

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for the Price, it's cheaper than what we sell our Trophy Elephant and Buffalo combo in the Timbavati

jk, what is the estimated cost of a ele and buf in the Timbavati?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Holy ball
Out of my check book for sure

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe certain operators in Botswana got more than that for a similar elephant.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trophy Elephant Trophy Buffalo combo 14 Day hunt will put you back $100 000k

JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. Very glad I got mine in Zim in 2012.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote