Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I'm off hunting for awhile
 Login/Join

posted
Have a good time, Ray.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be gone most of the next two months, as the New Mexico Antelope and deer split seasons are opening and I have to go get things ready, so its down there and back then when season opens its back and forth constantly, what a pain that split season is....I will also be going to Nebraska I think for a bison hunt..I love that hunt, its like hunting Buffalo in Tanzania, except the Bison are wilder..I have a few of those available at $2750. plus tax. and tips.

BTW I have a coupled of NM deer hunts avaialble from a cancellation...$2400. for 3 days if anyone is interrested...

This ranch has a very high success rate, bucks average about 24" spread, but they shot a 36" buck last year, he was the biggest any of the local ranchers could recall..

This ranch normally nets a couple of 27 to 28 inchers every year and this year should be great as the rains were at the right time of year...

My Antelope are sold out, but I "may" have another ranch with great Antelope available and they have some left over permits (no shows) at $1250. fully guided, thats a pretty darn good deal..If interrested let me know and I will keep you informed on the progress of that...I might take one of those myself....

If I am out then Beth can handle all the details..but time is short on the Antelope and deer as the season is about 2.5 weeks off...

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray has come out of retirement already? I knew he couldn't part with those guns.

Have a great time...

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear this. Between Johnny Cash dying and Ray's retirement, my world was starting to come apart.

Okie John

one of us
posted Hide Post
MAYBE!

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
No I am hunting with Charlie Overton out of Vaughn NM and another fellow the Jim Brockman fixed me up with...DK is pretty well booked for the next 3 years..With Mule deer in the 200 plus B&C class and 17 inch plus antelope on good years, he stays booked, mostly by the same folks..I do have a waiting list..He should have fantastic Antelope this year as the rains were right and they got lots of water.

I have retired from hunting, but am committed to these hunts since last year, so there! but time is settleing me down a bit, maybe one more year then retire..

I will always book hunts until I make or break it with the man upstairs. but I do intend to slow down on my personal hunting...

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Are you hunting with D.K. for antelope?

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, you just retired from hunting. Now you are going off hunting for 2 months? I want to retire from hunting like that too!

Have fun!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote