New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Those who have hunted with Gordon Duncan over the past years will have known Charles. Well, we were notified today that Charles died yesterday after a lengthy illiness. He was a friend!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles Jeremiah was a good man and a friend, great loss to us all. I'm sure Gordon is feeling it the hardest as they hunted together for a long time and Gordon was helping him get his liscence. Condolences to the family of another hunter.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Please accept my most heartfelt sympathies for your loss.
My thoughts are with you guys.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of gordoma74
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all those who remembered Charles, I am glad he will remain an enduring memory with all of you who shared his company on the hunt. In the 12+ years that I was priveleged to work with him, he was more than a friend and confidant, shoulder to shoulder we shared more experiences and memories than I could ever recount, and more than this lifetime could forget. Thanks for the memories and so much more Charlie, we will be keeping an eye on your boys like you did for so many of us. R.I.P my friend.

One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Charles... You will be missed.

With Gordon and others, I was privileged to share many a camp fire with our friend. His ready smile and often quick but dry sense of humour were always a boost to the soul. His input over the years with our magazines too, is recognised. Charlie, like so many of the trackers and bushmen associated to the hunting industry and those Phs they back, was a quiet presence, relied on when others may be found wanting.

Rest in peace, and know the Doma Frogs will sing for you...

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

Picture of gordoma74
posted Hide Post
As he might best be remembered.

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordoma74:
As he might best be remembered.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Gordon - I was very sorry to hear this. He will certainly be missed.

Can you put together some sort of educational fund for his children?

I would like to make a donation and would encourage others that hunted with Charles to to do the same.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks for the responses. Here's what Glenda and I are going to do: at 1400 our time, AST, which is 2000 zim and 1200 CST, Sunday 7Dec, we are going to open a 18yr old bottle of scotch and drink a toast to Charles and the memory of the defenders of Pearl. Everyone is welcome to join us!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordoma74:
Thanks to all those who remembered Charles, I am glad he will remain an enduring memory with all of you who shared his company on the hunt. In the 12+ years that I was priveleged to work with him, he was more than a friend and confidant, shoulder to shoulder we shared more experiences and memories than I could ever recount, and more than this lifetime could forget. Thanks for the memories and so much more Charlie, we will be keeping an eye on your boys like you did for so many of us. R.I.P my friend.

We know you'll miss him. Always in a good mood and trying to help. The wife and I liked him and his efforts in the times we visited Doma. Sorry to hear it. Rest in Peace, Charlie!

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of gordoma74
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, much appreciated. I will probably copy and print out this page for his family, I know it will be valued, especially by his boys. Chris, thank you for your sentiments and kind offer of assistnce, the situation is this; Charles' wife passed away almost 2 years ago, and his father just a couple months back, so there is only his elderly mother and sister left to look after his kids. He has 3, the eldest, a daughter is with her mother (a previous marriage) and is pretty much grown up. His two boys Tobias (12) and Tedius (8) are having to be split between the grandmother and his sister. I have already let the family know that we will be establishing a fund to secure their education, this I will do in any case as I have known these boys both since birth, and they are part of the 'Doma Family' but obviously without there being any obligation any contribution you may wish to make I know will be very much appreciated by the family and I can say on behalf of Charles (who spent his last days despite his illness planting one last crop to ensure some support for his loved ones) a very big thank you, he would would have been touched and eternally grateful.