Login/Join

posted
We have 7 Day Buffalo Hunts

Regards:

Thomas J. Powers, Sr.
powersint@aol.com
Quality hunts Worldwide.
Powers Internationale
Shipping trophies from wherever you hunt, to the US.
Powers Expediters

Buffalo Hunt

Posts: 17 | Location: Denver | Registered: 13 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thomas:

Welcome to AR. One of the requirements of our host, Saeed, is that all details of a hunt be posted when advertised for sale. Please include all costs and fees related to the hunt, area of hunt and PH, if known at this time.

This is an open forum and full disclosure to all is the norm. You can include a link, but the details should be posted in the thread.

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thomas:

I just saw your ad in the "Classifieds" with details.

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thomas, thanks for information. I was looking for it.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Roman: If you send us an email address, I will send you an updated Buffalo hunt sheet.

Regards: Tom email powersint@aol.com

Posts: 17 | Location: Denver | Registered: 13 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom

I was wondering when you would show up. You still owe me money for that trophy shipment from nearly two years ago.

HONOURABLE people at least answer their emails - no matter how much they don't like the questions!!! Roll Eyes

Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Hi Matt

Is there an issue with Thomas Powers relating to his business practices and inegrity?

It is your business, and I am one who knows that these sorts of threads can spin out of control quickly- fingers going back and forth, etc., but would you consider letting the board know of your problems with the gentleman? It may assist others in making decsions about their hunts.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Powers:
Hello Roman: If you send us an email address, I will send you an updated Buffalo hunt sheet.

Regards: Tom email powersint@aol.com

Thomas,

Welcome to the forum.

Please include all details of your offer in your post, advertising a hunt and then sending details by PM is not acceptable.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 404WJJeffery:
Hi Matt

Is there an issue with Thomas Powers relating to his business practices and integrity?

It is your business, and I am one who knows that these sorts of threads can spin out of control quickly- fingers going back and forth, etc., but would you consider letting the board know of your problems with the gentleman? It may assist others in making decsions about their hunts.
Thanks for that. I don't think it will spin out of control because this man doesnt even have the spine to return my emails - so I doubt he will challenge me here.

In Summary: Powers brokered the purchase of a number of unclaimed trophies some time ago for his 'client'. I took his word that it was 'good-to-go' (including all freight estimates I gave him) and proceeded with getting a govt export permit and packing and freight to the local air carrier, so that the box could be weighed. When I sent the account the day before the box went out he claimed that the client no longer wanted the shipment. I was (relatively) cool with that but asked that the permit and road freight be paid, as it was at my expense. After two emails he stopped communicating and would not return my calls.

My mistake is that I didn't take a deposit on the goods, due to the short time frame involved and ... I TRUSTED him. This is a small amount of money that we are talking about here but as I see it - it is a matter of principle ....

Would you be involved with a person who would behave in this way? AR members can decide for themselves.
Matt

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, where is your response??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BUMP...

Was this 'gentleman' advertising other hunts elsewhere on AR??

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Answers?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a saying about a leopard not changing his spots... or something??

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Bump:
I may need a Hunting Consultant, who will put me in contact with a Hunting Agent, who will put me in contact with a Hunting Outfitter, who will put me in contact with an Owner who will put me in contact with the PH. Roll Eyes

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt et al

I am getting sick and tired of the crooks in this industry... If you have a legitimate complaint, and would to help others from getting stung, please send me a formal letter stating the problem and the other party's contact details.

After making sure there are not two sides to the story, I will publish the complaint in the African Hunter Magazine.

NB- I cannot work on second hand news Wink and appreciate that there are crooked clients as well as bent operators. Ethics are personal... but am happy to name and shame the real bent operators in the African hunting industry.

Don Heath
Editor, African Hunter Magazine
fishunt@zol.co.zw

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Heath:
Matt et al

I am getting sick and tired of the crooks in this industry... If you have a legitimate complaint, and would to help others from getting stung, please send me a formal letter stating the problem and the other party's contact details.

After making sure there are not two sides to the story, I will publish the complaint in the African Hunter Magazine.

NB- I cannot work on second hand news Wink and appreciate that there are crooked clients as well as bent operators. Ethics are personal... but am happy to name and shame the real bent operators in the African hunting industry.

Don Heath
fishunt@zol.co.zw

This is nothing but refreshing good news.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don is a good man and AR is lucky to have him around. Just don't tell him I said that.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Don, Yukon is running around saying nice stuff about you, but don't tell him I told you...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10395 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh well...it was quiet for 30 minutes. Wink Don's asleep right now or should be.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Who in the HE double hockey sticks is this guy, just what we don't need is another damn booking agent.

We have a couple great ones, a few that pass as exceptable, and more than enough good outfitters on this place.

At least the asshole doesn't live in Cody, Wyoming. One good one, one better than average one, and 3 crooks are all Cody can take.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Bump:
I may need a Hunting Consultant, who will put me in contact with a Hunting Agent, who will put me in contact with a Hunting Outfitter, who will put me in contact with an Owner who will put me in contact with the PH. Roll Eyes

This is exactly the problem, "who will put in contact with the taxidermist who might or might not ship your stuff after he does get your money."

And my number one African Hunting tip is to ensure that your personally drop your animals off at the taxidermist in Africa, without exception!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Heath:
Matt et al

Don Heath
fishunt@zol.co.zw
Hi Don Sorry I missed this post before. I will sure email you the details.

Thanks
Matt Graham

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV