Find
Notify
Tools

Wildebeest tail fly swatter
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Can you post pictures of any wildebeest tail fly swatters you might have?

I've got a black wildebeest back skin that I'd like to have the tail made into a fly swatter.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
pic

and another

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I dunno? Reckon an aerosol insecticide spray is more efficient. With the fly-whisk thingy, the buggers just keep coming back. Roll Eyes
Quite a number of African "big-wigs" used to carry them, usually to keep the adoring multitudes away. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A gemsbuck makes a really nice fly swatter . Far thicker and longer

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I could post pics I would but instead I will just describe mine. I used a black wildebeest tail and the horn sheeth from a Springbok.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
I dunno? Reckon an aerosol insecticide spray is more efficient. With the fly-whisk thingy, the buggers just keep coming back. Roll Eyes
Quite a number of African "big-wigs" used to carry them, usually to keep the adoring multitudes away. Big Grin

Yeah, you're likely right, but I want it for more of decoration piece.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I'm apparently trailer trash as I just have a plastic mesh fly swatter that's strewn with fly guts

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a few, both made into fly-swatters and just the tanned tails. The problem with the swatters I've had made is that the tail is too stiff. It's more like a stick with hair. It would be fine simply as a decoration, but as soon as you handle it you can tell it would make a lousy fly-swatter. Little shit like that bothers me - things that don't work the way they're supposed to. The tanned tails are much more pliable and I'm going to put a handle on one and make my own swatter (soon as I get around to it Smiler).

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote