Find
Notify
Tools

Lots Of Pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Here's some pics. There are quite a lot so if the post size is too big then let me kow and I'll break it down elsewhere.

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Small Bore
posted Hide Post
handsome chap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone had a good time.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that young lad had such a grin on his face!
They start them young in RSA

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 574 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like you lot had a great time wingshooting Smiler

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As with life, so with hunting. There's always some little prick waiting to spoil your day.
The question is, which is worst?

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. Sir Winston Churchill

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Great photos,don't see much African Bird shooting on here.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1881 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
It was a great trip.

It was nice to get a mixed bag of plains game hunting and the odd bit of wingshooting for Adam.270 and I.

Even self-proclaimed shotgun sport hating Mr .270 was enjoying the scattergunning by the end.

I have a few more photos to upload but need to get an adapter for this bloody memory card!

Kiri, get Denny to hurry up and email those extra special photos across! Cool

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Looks like all had a great time. Good shooting!

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went too.
Athina Hunting Tours organised it very well and Kiri and Denny were on top of every problem.

The competition was in four parts:
Plains hunting on the Veldt,
Bush hunting in the prickly stuff
Wing shooting as described below
Range shooting with hunting rifle, .22 and shotgun.

Team UK came second in the competition and the wing shooting was in two parts.
Standing arouund a lake for an evening flight where I managed to down three Egyptian geese and walked up one afternoon where I was lucky enough to nail two Francolin and two Guinea fowl.

I'll leave it to Amir to do the full write up since he has a way with words and an eye for detail.

For my part, I thoroughly enjoyed the competition, the company, the food, the locations, the beer and, as an added bonus, lost weight with all that trecking during the bush hunt!
The competition host organisation was very welcoming and put in a whole heap of work too.

I'm already planning the new rifle I want to take next year.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Just a quick photo to add fuel to the fire!

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, good to hear that the tour went well in any way!

Amir, congratulations with your BW mate! (you looks a dandy in your safari shirt... Wink )
Definitely looking forward to the write up, don´t keep us waiting to long...

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post

If you thought the safari shirt was noteworthy check out the monstrosity of the safari vest....

one of us
posted Hide Post
And not to mention the grand blesbok tu2

Arild Iversen.

One of Us
Picture of Small Bore
posted Hide Post
he talked it to death

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never to be forgotten, that first long secret drink of golden fire, juice of those valleys and of that time, wine of wild orchards, of russet summer, of plump red apples, and Rosie's burning cheeks. Never to be forgotten, or ever tasted again....

Great hunt.

Trapper Dave, great sig line.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
quote:
Never to be forgotten, that first long secret drink of golden fire, juice of those valleys and of that time, wine of wild orchards, of russet summer, of plump red apples, and Rosie's burning cheeks. Never to be forgotten, or ever tasted again....

Great hunt.

Trapper Dave, great sig line.

Thanks...........Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee

And yes, a great hunt, full of challenge and interest.
He knows how to keep the ball rolling that Kiri.
All the other guys and lady were real characters and good sports too.
I'll post some more pics later

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Team Singapore get their trophy photos sorted

This little lady came to look at me hiding behind my rock on the veldt

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

Glad to see that all of you are having a great time.

Nowadays, photos should be between 1024 and 1280 on the large side, as everyone has high resolution monitors.

If you look at my hunt reports, now I do them in 1280 on the larger side, and the ones on earlier hunts are 1024 on the large side.

Please pass my best regards to your family.

And Walter says hello too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hey Saeed, thanks.

Elaine says Hi too. she often asks how you are.

You will have to excuse my lack of technical knowledge but do my photos need to be smaller or bigger? I'm easily confused by such things!!

Kiri

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, pics & write up. I cannot wait to see the rest. I wonder if a Kiwi team would go next year or the year after. It was very reasonable if I remember the way the deal was set up.

Thanks for posting.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Naki,

We have two interested in forming a Kiwi team and so if you want to be a third then that would work!!

The event will be slightly different this year with a single location and we will be upgrading certain aspects for the ease of the competitors. We should have the schedule out by the end of October, and details of a warm up hunt prior to that.

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Lonely Hunter searches small ads Lonely Hearts section for "Horny Female"

Minutes later his wish is granted!

One of Us
Picture of Small Bore
posted Hide Post
That is a male... but hell, we had been away for three weeks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Kiri, dave, ach-mir, adam and dig,

how goes it! Team singapore says hi! Amir you still have my shirt!!!!! hahahaha

we really enjoyed the hunting and had a great time with you guys...I'm still hacking with a cough caught from gian on the bush hunt...but are otherwise looking forward to more developments Smiler

best,G "trapmonkey"

ps next year adam will be tops in shotgun no doubt Smiler

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hey Guy,

All good here. It's been hectic since we got back but the guys are already starting to build the range for next August. I'll have that over to you as soon as I get it.

Say hello to the ringer, Justin and Johnny and we should get some ideas down for her prize safari for next year. Wingshooting or plainsgame or both? (SAY BOTH!!!) Wink

Kiri

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great photos, Kiri! Seems you had a great time! I still regret not beeing able to join you. That was a cruel offer! Couldn't sleep for three days. Big Grin

You're posing with an O/U??? What happened? Where's you're lovely H&H? Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trapper Dave:
As with life, so with hunting. There's always some little prick waiting to spoil your day.
The question is, which is worst?

I've just had about 4mm of thorn or the type from the first picture emerge from a scab on my arm.
Africa; Souvenirs that last and last eh?