Find
Notify
Tools

What is the value of a lion.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it pays, it stays.
When he can't sell his lions, he'll kill them off & start some other business on his property.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very interesting video to watch and also very true.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Interesting video. The value of a lion or any game, and I hesitate to type this, is determined by the maximum willingness to pay found in a pool of ALL potential bidders. Given this, hunters really should be bidding against non-hunters who are willing to buy and pay to relocate animals that are due to be hunted in a particular area. For example, anti-hunters really should have been encouraged to bid against Corey Knowlton for the Black Rhino and (if they won) required to pay an additional "relocation fee" to Namibia to put said animal in isolated habitat where he could do no harm. The result of at least the existence of this possibility might, in the short term, be fewer rhino (or lion) hunted, but in the longer term the result would be more game and more habitat to house them.

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why we, the hunters, help protect the game in Africa. We place a higher value on it, thus it is protected. This is absolutely the message that needs to be propagated. Look what happened to Kenya's game when hunting was closed. I think they have lost 90% of their game to poaching as the value of the game has changed.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ah, but the ignorant animals overs cannot see that.

They keep asking, "how can you save the lions by killing them?"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are dealing with nutcases beyond any hope of assistance.
Why? - some of them would prefer hunt-able animals to cease existing rather than have them around for hunters to kill - THAT is the level of "looniness" we are dealing with !

One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
How many of you gentlemen have been in an argument with the fairer sex, and find yourself pulling your hair out that the argument has ceased to be about the logic or lack of it, about right or wrong and is now an emotionally charged, totally out of control, full tilt runaway train.
So it is with the animal rights brigade,it seems some flaw in personality brought on by nurture or nature, or both.And, you now have a person who chooses a corner based on emotion and will stick with that corner for various idiosyncratic reasons. So, abandon any hope of an articulately put point of view gaining any traction, it just wont work.Logic and common sense just do not apply.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 135 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
The sad part is that we are also animal lovers , not just dead animal lovers. We also want the best for animals , but using a more balanced approach. I think the nut cases out there are in the minority. The truth is , I believe , that most people are indifferent towards hunting , they're sitting on the fence. But when this minority starts yelling really load via the media , these fence sitters are swayed. information is the key and its really difficult to convince people in this plastic society most people live in.
We as hunters should have our facts straight whenever we are challenged by anti hunters. Its no good adopting the " I'll kill what I want , when I want " attitude. It just strengthens their believe that we're all a bunch of ill educated murderers. We should also not sway the other way and argue that we ONLY hunt to control animal populations and ONLY shoot the ones with one foot in the grave , so to speak. We hunt because we enjoy it. It is a legal activity and we are responsible about what we are doing. In the process of that happening , a lot of good comes from that.

How often do we throw the argument out there and ask the tree huggers if they eat meat ? They throw the argument right back at us saying that the animal is killed for food , not for pleasure. I had this happen to me on my trip to the States. " You hunters kill for pleasure , innocent animals die for your pleasure "
I calmly handled the situation as follows . I asked the person if they have ever been to a slaughter house or abattoir , as we call it here. They answered in the negative. I would give them a quick rundown on how it goes down and how the innocent animals line up to have life taken from them ( this includes the beautiful soft and trusting eyes of the innocent cows ). I asked them whether it mattered whether the person doing the actual killing of hundreds of innocent animals per day , actually enjoyed what he was doing or if it was just a job ? They would mumble something , saying its besides the point because the meat is for eating and the killing is not for pleasure. I then asked them if they ever eat more than the minimum portion of meat needed to sustain a human being ( as set out by the world health organisation ). I get a blank stare. I continue , so that big steak you had last night , could have sustained your protein needs for 3 or 4 days , but instead you consumed it for pleasure.... During Super bowl hundreds of thousands of chickens ( all innocent ) died for pleasure cause chicken wings have to be consumed ( in large amounts ) on this day...Do you respect cows and chickens any less cause you had them killed for your pleasure ?
Take responsibility for the death of an innocent animal for your pleasure. Its ok.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote