THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dawie Groenewald: alleged "mastermind" behind helicopter rhino poaching syndicate

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dawie Groenewald: alleged "mastermind" behind helicopter rhino poaching syndicate
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted
Rhinos: Controversial safari operator held

Johannesburg - The owner of a safari business, his wife and a professional hunter are among the "masterminds" who have been arrested in connection with rhino poaching.

Dawie Groenewald, 42, the wealthy driving force behind Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris in Polokwane, his wife, Sariette, 34, and Tielman Erasmus, a professional hunter, are behind bars.

They were arrested on Monday along with Dr Karel Toet and Dr Manie du Plessis, two veterinarians from Modimolle, and Toet's wife, Marisa.

Groenewald, a former police official, was suspended from the South African Professional Hunters Association four years ago, and Zimbabwean authorities put a stop to his hunting there.

He was arrested in the US in April this year in connection with a leopard trophy which was illegally hunted in South Africa and exported to the US. He pled guilty and was sentenced to pay a fine of $30 000 (R228 000).

He spent eight days in prison there, over two months under house arrest and also had to pay $7 500 (R57 000) in damages to the American hunter.

He denied in an interview with Media24's investigative team that he was involved in rhino poaching and has been forbidden from entering Zimbabwe.

Notorious

According to the South African Aircraft register, Groenewald is linked to a closed corporation which owns a Robinson R44 helicopter with the registration ZS-HBH.

His wife, Sariette, is listed as a director of Valinor Trading 142 - the owner of the helicopter.

It is a known fact that helicopters are often used during rhino poaching operations.

Groenewald's Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris is rather notorious in hunting circles.

They advertise hunting safaris in Botswana, Tanzania, South Africa and even Zimbabwe, despite the fact that the Zimbabwean nature conservation authority (Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority) forbade them from entering the country in September 2004.

A Zimbabwean cabinet minister and well-known figure in conservation circles, David Coltart, had earlier described Out of Africa to Newsweek as a "cruel organisation which has no respect for the environment" and strives for "unreachable hunting quotas".

Hunting experts in Zimbabwe allege that Out of Africa has strong links with politicians close to President Robert Mugabe.

During the height of political instability in Zimbabwe, the organisation apparently organised hunting safaris on farms and land invaded by Zanu-PF's "war veterans".

Shock

About 100 vehicles from the police and the department of nature conservation raided game farms in the Musina area on Tuesday. A police helicopter and aircraft were also used.

Several people, including professional hunters, were questioned.

There have been no further arrests.

National police spokesperson Vishnu Naidoo said on Monday the nine suspects are allegedly involved in killing rhinos, sawing off their horns and removing the carcasses.

These nine suspects will appear in court in Musina on Wednesday, the day declared International Rhino Day by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).

The South African Veterinary Association (Sava) expressed its shock over the arrest of Toet and Du Plessis.

It distanced itself from any "colleagues" who might be involved in rhino poaching.

Altogether 210 rhinos have been poached for their horns right across the country since January.

Cheers,

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
Thanks for warning us all. when these johnnies get out, we will remember.

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although I have known Dawie was crooked for a long time, one word I cant seem to attribute to him is "mastermind".

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
... one word I cant seem to attribute to him is "mastermind".

Mike, That could be an Afrikaans - English translation problem. They may have meant " knucklehead" !

LES

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that, Alan. I am sure it will bring people up to speed with what OoA has been all about.

~Ann

Posts: 19556 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Although I have known Dawie was crooked for a long time, one word I cant seem to attribute to him is "mastermind".

He might not be a mastermind, but, he certainly chose the right people to bribe and employ.

How would have managed to get away with so much for so long if it wasn't for his "contacts" in SCI?

Mind you, we don't who else he might have in his pockets, so let us see what transpires.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68754 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never in the history of conservation was so much damage caused by so few to so many...Dawie and the SCI directors who have backed him have split the hunting fraternity in so many ways...opened new divisions in the industry and made sure that SCI did not become a real force for good in persuading the 'nameless officials' in Africa who are really the most powerful people in the Safari industry to set wise quota's and award concessions in a transparent maner.

SCI came close to achiving that pivitol role under John Jackson and it was the best chance wildlife had...

My Dawie soon be sitting in hell smoking a turd in the company of his good friend Bob

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
I have often thought that Dawie, Janneman, and Teressa were too stupid to have put this whole operation in motion. These guys are just common street thugs, whose only talents seem to be as enforcers, and the chick just came off as an airhead hustler with semi-bovine intelligence, much like most of her fans here on Accurate Reloading.

Therefore, who are the brains behind this whole scam? I was always told that OoA was a money laundering front for the South African mafia, but when you look at the lengths SCI has gone to to protect and promote them... it makes one pause and question, just who are the wheels behind the wheels?

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
May they nail his/their proverbial and litteral balls to the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
From PHASA

PRESS RELEASE

Issued by the Professional Hunters Association of South Africa

Contact Details: Tel 012-667-2048; info@phasa.co.za / ceo@phasa.co.za; www.phasa.co.za

PHASA APPLAUDS ARRESTS OF POACHERS

Pretoria - The Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa expressed their appreciation about the arrests of various people who are allegedly involved with the rhino poaching tsunami. PHASA also congratulated all who were involved with the investigations and eventual arrests, which includes the Hawks, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), SANParks, the department of nature conservation and the national prosecuting authority (NPA).

Ms Adri Kitshoff, PHASA CEO said that it is a huge disappointment that professional people who hold trusted positions in society and wildlife, are believed to be closely involved with rhino poaching syndicates.
“PHASA will support any motion to oppose bail being given to these people. The mere R2 000 bail that was recently awarded in another case, is a “crime” by itself” she said.

PHASA has recently made almost R400,000 available to be used towards rhino anti-poaching and management projects. “The money was raised by our members who, as professional hunters and hunting outfitters, will do everything in their power to put a stop to this senseless murder of our wildlife” Kitshoff said.

PHASA, currently the largest professional hunting association in the world, actively participates in the formulation of conservation policy in South Africa in partnership with government and non-governmental organizations and in consultation with an international network of affiliated bodies.

Issued by: Adri Kitshoff, PHASA
Contact details: 012-667-2048; 083-650-0442

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Tielman Erasmus, one of the best white bushmen i have ever met. Unfortunately a few years back he made some bad choices when he joined OOA. He needs to live with them now and unfortunately it appears that he will live with them and the full might of the law for a long time to come. He is definitely not the brains behind it but probably been manipulated and used by Dawie and the king pins. How ever it played out if he is involved he deserves what is coming.

Really sad thing for him is that his first child, a son was born a few weeks ago and has just returned home after pulling through from traumatic birth

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manyathelo:
I know Tielman Erasmus, one of the best white bushmen i have ever met. Unfortunately a few years back he made some bad choices when he joined OOA. He needs to live with them now and unfortunately it appears that he will live with them and the full might of the law for a long time to come. He is definitely not the brains behind it but probably been manipulated and used by Dawie and the king pins. How ever it played out if he is involved he deserves what is coming.

Really sad thing for him is that his first child, a son was born a few weeks ago and has just returned home after pulling through from traumatic birth

Tielman is a chop, i sent him a msg on Facebook asking about a monster 100 pounder that he shot with a client bordering on Hwange when i have been told that it was shot inside the park. he told me where to go and my last words to him were "jy jag mos as n PH met out of africa? - sterkte"

they are all in for the highjump

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
Shows again; it is not ALWAYS AND ONLY small Outfits that can cause fuck-ups...

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
It is great if these chumps go down. However, we all know that they are not the real problem.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Milo is right, they are the first step in the supply chain. But until the Chinese and other Asia-Pac countries get serious about international trade laws, there will be a another poaching gang take their place.
Bob

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest updated list of the rhino poaching gang that got bailed out today:

Dawie Groenewald R1,000,000
Sariette Groenewald R100 000

Dr. Karel Toet R50 000
Mariza Toet R20 000
Manie du Plessis R20 000.

Tielman Roos Erasmus R20 000
Dewald Gouws R20 000
Nordus Rossouw R20 000
Leon van der Merwe R20 000
Jacobus Marthinus Pronk R20 000
Paul Matoromela R5 000

Cheers,

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bunch of pupos robbing the entire country and world. Treating rhinos like some junk car at chop shop being parted out to make as much money as they can. With the sear number of rhinos that have been poached recentky as well as everything else they were involved in someone shoudl just dig a big hole!

Happiness is a warm gun

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
I just received this unconfirmed update alleging that the accused veterinarians have turned state's witness against the rest of the poaching gang.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

"Confirmed the PH is our nasty friend and he has just been released on bail and is on his way home with his wife from the court room."

"The vets have turned state witness so they will walk away with a smile on their faces and all their ill earned money intact in the bank."

Cheers,

~Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

one of us
posted Hide Post
So does this mean that OOA won't have a booth at Reno this year? Roll Eyes

What does it take to get these clowns at SCI to take notice!!

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
My money is on Out of Africa being back with an exhibit eight full tables long, with Janneman in charge of the show and Teressa brought back for an encore performance.

Also, Kevin Anderson will go in as the new SCI President for Life with Robert Mugabe giving the congratulatory speech... and it will be business as usual with a new crop of the faithful lined up to sign on for the royal treatment.

I also predict that by then every last rhino on earth will be exterminated, in a last desperate effort by the anointed super hunters to reach the diamond level of the inner circle of the 33rd degree of the Knights Templars and the exalted sacred order of Alien Love Children.

However, I sometimes underestimate the seriousness of the situation. Cool

Cheers,

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

one of us
posted Hide Post
So the veterinarians mae a deal with the government to turn evidence. Good as long as it goes somewhere. However, the licensing board is not the proseutors. So someone should make damn sure they loose their licenses. The deal would still be valid but there would be some payback.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of Vans
posted Hide Post
I think we are crediting these scum sucking individuals with too much intelligence.
With out a doubt there is a long list of bribers and bribees but to say they are just at the bottom of a poaching organization run by more intelligent individuals is taking it a bit far?
it is mind boggling what you can get away with in SA if you grease the right palms, for not a lot of money. Just look at our ex head honcho in the police, sold his soul for a couple of shiny shoes and suits!
Their arrogance is down right disgusting and this a case of pure greed nothing more.

I honestly hope that they never see the light of day again, they have possibly robbed a future generation of ever witnessing rhinos in the wild.

Posts: 53 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also predict that by then every last rhino on earth will be exterminated, in a last desperate effort by the anointed super hunters to reach the diamond level of the inner circle of the 33rd degree of the Knights Templars and the exalted sacred order of Alien Love Children.

However, I sometimes underestimate the seriousness of the situation. Cool

Alan,

Actually the really funny thing about that is some of these clowns actually take this SCI award stuff serious. They truly believe that it means something! Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are!

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Yes, what it really means is that they are so obsessed with 'self' that they will kill with no thought except for their own self aggrandizement.

As long as they can stand up at a banquet and get a pin, or a ring, or a cup telling them that they really aren't pathetic, sick, disgraces to hunting... then they are more than happy to shoot lions in cages, hand raised pets, and castrated steers.

Just as long as will make the 'Book' of course.

~Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Yes, the real problem are the buyers, who are the Chinese and Vietnamese mafia, and who are also referred to as 'tongs' or 'triads'.

Some of our old China hands may point out that tongs and triads are technically two different kinds of organizations, but the point is the terms refer to secret, criminal organizations, which are generically referred to in the West as 'mafia'. In Japan, they are called the 'yakuza'.

I am going to use Triad, as that seems to be the going phrase in South African circles. In the Chinese culture there is a great demand for carved ivory for ornamentation, and powdered rhino horn for medicinal purposes.

I have recently read that the rhino horn is NOT regarded as an aphrodisiac, but rather a remedy for fever, as well as some other things. Of course, it has no value as a medicine at all.

One thing the Triads have in abundance to trade for the ivory and rhino horn is opium. With the right chemicals and lab equipment, the raw opium can be turned into heroin. Get the right connections with the organized crime groups in the US and Europe, and there are millions of dollars in profit to be made.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these are the forces driving the rhino poaching explosion.

I hope the police can use this breakthrough to work their way up the food chain. This is a huge story and well beyond just a simple animal poaching scheme.

Cheers,

~Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
There is an ongoing and volatile discussion being aired on the South African National Parks forum.

Wanda Mkutshulwa, the Head of Communications for South African National Parks (SANParks)
is on the hot seat, and just released a long statement about Kruger Parks sale of rhinos to Dawie Groenewald and his fellow conspirators.

SANParks Forum on Rhino sale to OoA

Here is the text of her comments:

Dear Forumites,

Your outrage has been noted and accepted. It is unfortunate that you should have to feel this way. I will try to address all of your concerns to the best of my ability and with the best knowledge I have.

On the issue of the sale of rhinos and the use of those funds, I unfortunately cannot speak on the supposed missing water bottles for rangers because this is not something I am privy to. All I know is that rangers going out into the field are provided with all the equipment they need to do their work and for their basic comfort in the bush. But to address this accusation/insinuation that money coming from rhino sales is not being used for conservation I can only say that equipping rangers is not the only conservation related expense. In the past funds received from sale of wildlife had been ring fenced specifically for purchase of land to expand national parks and to also target specific biomes or landscapes that were considered key and under protected by order of the Board. In the last 3 or so years the Board of SANParks decided to expand this mandate by saying that over and above the purchase of land for national parks these funds should also be used for other specific conservation related projects but not operational expenses. A committee was then set up by SANParks to evaluate requests from parks that needed these funds for one project or another. To date several big and small conservation related projects have been funded through this fund and the most notable of them recently has been the R5 million that was allocated to improve anti-poaching capacity in the Kruger National Park, which led to the employment of 57 more field rangers and the purchase of equipment for rangers and the ECI unit. All the parks have needs that they submit for consideration and not only those parks which have rhinos or have released a number of rhinos or other wildlife for sale benefit from this fund. This is the success model that has ensured that SANParks continues to grow and maintain the national parks of South Africa successfully, pooling resources centrally and also using the economies of scale.

On the other contentious issue of selling to Dawie Groenewald I can only note and appreciate your anger and I will not try in anyway to say that you are not justified in feeling this way. But I will attempt to explain the matter from our perspective and with the information I have at hand.

ISSUING OF PERMITS:

It should be noted and appreciated once again that South African National Parks does not issue permits for wildlife operators to purchase or sell wildlife and as SANParks we can only sell to those who have permits on the understanding that the provincial authorities have done their work in investigating the applicants and found them suitable for the activity they requested a permit for. This is how we have been operating as compelled by the legislation that governs conservation bodies as well as our mandate. The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa sets out in Schedule 4 that nature conservation, excluding national parks, national botanical gardens and marine resources is a functional area of concurrent national and provincial legislative competence. What this means then is that SANParks is obligated to respect the functions and mandate of provincial bodies because failure to do so would mean that SANParks is in violation of the Constitution. SANParks mandate and jurisdiction is only within the national parks and once we start operating outside this environment we need to abide by the regulations afforded to other entities and the sale of animals to other entities (public or private), movement of wildlife and other activities involving parties other than SANParks fall squarely within the mandate and jurisdiction of provincial authorities.

INVESTIGATIONS DONE BY SANParks ON WOULD BE BUYERS:

It should be further noted that SANParks does not have the jurisdiction nor the competence to investigate would be purchasers of wildlife for anything other than ecological related matters in line with our mandate and conservation principles. When SANParks investigates a buyer it would be on the following elements primarily:

1. The suitability of the habitat where the animal will be taken. (i.e. is it big enough for the animals being requested, is it free range or captivity, etc)
2. Whether the area falls within the traditional range of the animal to be purchased.
3. Whether the purchaser has a valid permit from the Province in which the animals will be moved.
And recently we have added a fourth category which is:
4. What the animals will be used for.

This fourth one has been a response to our intention of selling rhino not only for fundraising for conservation projects but most importantly for spreading the populations of rhino as a risk mitigating factor. Recognising that hunting continues to be a legal activity in the country, however we have reached the conclusion that hunting is a much lesser and insignificant activity for us, way at the bottom, and so our priority is to sell to those who are aiding the conservation ideals of the country above those who would purchase animals for hunting.

The issue of whether a person has been convicted of an offence related to environmental crime is something that has only come into play recently because it has always been believed that the permit issuing province would have done a thorough investigation on the applicant as said before. SANParks is a state agent and is compelled to abide by the rules of cooperative governance as set out in Chapter 3 of the Constitution. We should always be cognisant of this and not expect SANParks to act like an isolated entity with tendencies that are bordering on vigilantism. It is important to note that SANParks can only act legally if only the other entities involved would pool together with the organization.

To also respond to the accusation leveled earlier, that SANParks knowingly traded with a criminal is not only unfair but completely untrue. At time of trading with Groenewald SANParks did not have enough information to make a decision on whether to sell or not to Groenewald, especially seeing as he was able to present valid permits from the Limpopo province. People who were investigating Groenewald at the time refused to give SANParks any background information on the person and that he is not allowed to hunt in Zimbabwe, was kicked out of the SA Hunters Association and was arrested for car theft was the first I heard of this past weekend.

When we did know that he was being investigated it was not enough for us to act because once again we had to consider the laws of the country which stipulate that one is considered innocent until proven guilty. If we had refused to sell to Mr Groenewald we stood the chance of being sued for acting improperly against someone who has not been convicted of an environmental crime by any South African court. When Groenewald was convicted of the leopard issue in the US then SANParks decided to act as there was something more concrete on the table but even this could only be considered in relation to the reputation of the organisation. It must be noted that even at this stage there was no legal standing on which SANParks could act because of several reasons which unfortunately I cannot be going through on a public platform like this. When Groenewald wanted to buy 100 rhinos from SANParks earlier this year, the request was rejected by the organisation. The actions of SANParks have always been on advisement and to ensure that our actions and reactions do not in anyway have a material impact on the cases being investigated by the police as the successful conviction of such suspects would be to the benefit of SANParks as well. We have always cooperated with the police and we will still do so going into the future. Empty PR gestures will not deliver the required results unfortunately because laws have to be obeyed, legislated mandates have to be respected and cooperation amongst government entities is a Constitution enshrined requirement. Grandstanding by acting on rumour, suspicions and innuendo will probably earn us the public's applause but I wonder how long that applause will last before turning into public scorn once it is discovered that through our "noble and well meaning" actions we engineered, aided and abaited the possible escape from successful prosecution of suspected environmental criminals.

ANIMALS PURCHASED BY OTHER PARTIES:

I am sure all of you are familiar with auctions and the manner in which they are conducted. In auctions often you will find that a purchaser has sent someone else to represent him or herself for whatever reasons. We have never questioned why it is necessary to do so or why the person has sent a particular person, that is between them. What we have always concerned ourselves with is the final destination and ensuring that the issues I highlighted above are in place. Why Groenewald would have used others to go and bid on his behalf can only be answered by him and if this is criminal in anyway, well we have not been informed of such a law being passed hence we had not prevented him or others who have sent representatives.

20-30 ANIMALS:

On reporting this to the journalist on a Saturday with everyone who had specific figures being away on a weekend rest I was not aware that I was answering an exam question that could have a material impact on my pass mark. Next time I will ensure that I do not respond to questions from the media on a weekend and maybe then that would satisfy who ever feels it is necessary to take up an issue on this. It should also be noted that this case is still under investigation and anyone who wants specific information on anything can get this from the court papers. I will not allow the insatiable curiosity of the media and the public to jeopardize this case or any other. Everyone is free to approach the NPA for specifics and for that I will not apologise.

Once again this post is not to change your mind or feelings about the supposed actions of SANParks but to give you the story from our side. I can only hope that it will satisfy you because I have already said more than enough and would not be able unfortunately to add any more to what I have given because like the rest of South Africa I would like to see all the suspects who are guilty being found to be guilty and not escaping on a technicality. At the moment the jury is still out on Groenewald and his associates and until the case is successfully concluded the public will have to be satisfied with the information it is being provided unless we are a society that prizes satisfaction of curiosity over prudence and pragmatism.

Thank you once again for your continued interest in our business and for always pointing out our flaws so that we may improve our management practices.

Have a good day.

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI