New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy double rifle lost in Reno
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was hoping that someone would wander by the Searcy table in Reno and see if my Classic round action 450-400 is there??? Butch is displaying it on his table and I haven't seen a picture of it since December and it was in need of a barrel blueing.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will tomorrow... Wink...but I won't tell you what I saw for less than $0.05, check or coin. Big Grin

PM me tomorrow evening.
L2S

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After two years its like waiting for a baby!

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
lb404,

Usually new dads fly down from anywhere in the world to go see their newborns whats wrong with you go to Reno yourself! rotflmo thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
I just came from there and he sold it to an guy from texas lol

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have gone to Reno but its is my weekend on call. My partners don't see this as a significant increase in the clan. I just can't imagine his selling it to anyone but me but then I have my own dream world to worry about.

square shooter

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lb404:
I would have gone to Reno but its is my weekend on call. My partners don't see this as a significant increase in the clan. I just can't imagine his selling it to anyone but me but then I have my own dream world to worry about.

It shoots very well, and as soon as I can get some digital pictures of it, and the target, I'll gladly send them to you!

jumping jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, 400 NitroExpress has been looking at it while he was talking with Butch. Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lb404. No sympathy from this crowd. We are ANIMALS when it comes to double rifles.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Bad news: I did see a guy drop it on the floor.

Good news: The floor was covered in carpet and it appeared to be repairable. The carpet anyway.

Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are tough. Butch said it had already been dinged in Sturgis by one of the guys reassembling the rifle after the barrels were blued. He had to do a refinish before it was even ready to display. I just NEED to get it to come home to PaPa.

square shooter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lb404:
You guys are tough. Butch said it had already been dinged in Sturgis by one of the guys reassembling the rifle after the barrels were blued. He had to do a refinish before it was even ready to display. I just NEED to get it to come home to PaPa.

The stock is ready for the oil finish

Can't notice that ding now!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't let them kid you. Roll Eyes

I just looked at it three and a half hours ago. Butch was showing it to me, and I dropped the 375 barrels onto the 450/400 barrel set. BUT, don't worry. Confused The butt stock cushioned the blow. wave

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like I said...ANIMALS! I would buy it from you, but it depends on the shape its in. That stock does not look like it is up to the usual Searcy standard.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trash talking bunch of bums. Now if it shoots as well as it looks I will be just fine. I was thinking of having him add another set of barrels to it in either 300 flanged magnum or 450 3.25". Wadda you think?????

square shooter

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
We going to get a picture or do we have to settle for all of this BS trash talk? bull Wink

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Re-checking regulation for your rifle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JqF2jOt6jA

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lb

Finalizing load development for your 450/400 using advanced computer programs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DSoqfb56tpQ&feature=related