THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Taking Sabot slugs into Zim without a shotgun

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking Sabot slugs into Zim without a shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted
My PH has requested that I bring him some Sabot slugs when we go to Zim next week. I am not taking a shotgun so I wonder If they will let me do it. Anyone had any direct experience?

Eleven days and counting!

CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
Just returned from zim, you can't bring in any ammo legally that you do not a firearm for. So if you want to import slugs for your ph you must bring a shotgun. you can try to sneak it in but they were pretty thorough with their bag inspection upon arrival!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
CFA - Flying out of JFK, my ammo was examined. I checked through Joburg to Harare. In Harare, nobody that I am aware of looked at my ammunition. However, you do need to complete a form listing both rifles and ammo. I personally would have reservations about doing this, as I am under the impression that the ammo must match the gun.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd advise against that, especially in todays Zim.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Thanks I appreciate the input.

CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote