THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone have any ideas on cheap airfare?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any ideas on cheap airfare?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get cheaper airfare. Is it more expensive to fly to namibia than Joburg

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Be careful booking on-line and things are usually cheap for a reason or come with a catch. We are blessed with some very experienced people for booking flights on this forum. I highly recommend that you book through them as trying to save a hundred bucks doing it yourself or going through some inexperienced travel agent is a roll of the dice.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bayou:
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get cheaper airfare. Is it more expensive to fly to namibia than Joburg

Bayou

Not wanting to sound like a (know it all) BUT just wanting to help with getting you constructive answers ...

To get some (top advice and prices) you really need to be more specific and answer the following and you will see how the magic of the internet works

1) How many in your proposed group & will you travel with rifles

2) Which month will you travel in, and how long is your proposed stay

3) Name your departure city / state

4) Name the arrival city and/or your proposed final destination & the country

Have a safe trip

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
There are no cheap airfares, because there is no competition on these routes. Use an experienced travel agent (one who books hunters to Africa).

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well if there is a cheaper way to get to Windhoek, Namibia from the east coast of the USA than the price I have thru Gracey Travel I'm all for finding it myself. I am looking at an August 2006 flight ATL - J'burg- Windhoek Rnd trip. Susan told me to expect a 30% increase over this year's cost of $1800 plus taxes that will put it around $2300-$2500. that seems a might steep! Especially when you consider it is with SAA Airbus.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
smoke pole, that's the price I'm paying for a flight this Aug. Frowner

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Well hope the price of gas does not keep rising or prices will go even higher. I have budgeted 2500 each for next year I guess I should bum that to 3k..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Kathi who post here regularly. She is great to do business with and she is very knowledgable about Africa travel. She's been there herself. She booked my trip and had the best prices by far.

Posts: 274 | Location: ga. | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I had a flight booked for August of this year from New York, (JFK) to Harare, Zimbabwe fare came to $2,284.00 Mad

Then a earlier safari became available, thank god I didn't get my tickets yet! The new flight, which I booked a few days ago, for early May, this year, the total came to $1,596.00.. thumb

WOW! over $500.00 cheaper!! then in August!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kathi can be contacted at kathi@wldtravel.com

Posts: 274 | Location: ga. | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Cheaper airfare= lots of business travel, convert hotel points to miles, pay for everything you possibly can with Amex, convert Amex points to miles. Then every 18-24 months you have enough miles to fly business class roundtrip thumb

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen this posted on another website. May be worth checking out.

PREMIER TRAVEL & TOURS
SELLING AFRICA for 25 YEARS
TOP PRODUCER AWARD on SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS for over 10 YEARS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

ANNOUNCES

WASHINGTON SPECIAL

DIRECT SERVICE OUT OF
WASHINGTON DULLES

$747.00
Roundtrip plus tax and $50.00 service charge

Departures 2 July – 15 August
Minimum Stay 5 Days/Maximum 30 Days

SERVICE 4 DAYS A WEEK

NEW BOOKINGS ONLY
Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-CHANGEABLE
Must be ticketed within 48 hours of reservation

Free Cell Phone Rental in South Africa

REMEMBER
Call Premier Tours for SAFARI and TOUR packages

Call Carmella, Margo or David
800-545-1910, fax 215-893-0357
info@premiertours.com www.premiertours.com

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
I am not in the air travel business, but deal enough with it to know that there is a "high season" and a "low season" fare. If not mistaken, the high season fares are from May 15 to September 15th and of course that is when you will have the higher airfares and tickets will cost $500 +/- more than during the low season months.

But better to contact either Kathi or Gracy Travel for best advise and service to make sure on the details.

But do not miss out of hunting in June-August if they are the best months for hunting though. If the month does not matter, then look at going during the low season to save if $500 will break your pocket.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I believe that new service out of Dulles is on a 747 not the Airbus.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There will be two in our group and we will have one rifle (wife is a observer). The months will be June, July, or August. Will be departing from indianapolis to Alanta then to Namibia or Joburg. Haven't narrowed it down yet to Namibia or Joburg, just wondering if it is more to fly to Namibia than Joburg

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
It is slightly more expensive to get to Windhoek, Namibia, but only about 200 or so dollars round trip from J'burg as an add-on fare.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can get a cheap air fare if you fly to Africa in our winter their summer...will be hotter then h...
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bayou,
Do yourself a big favor and contact Kathi!

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The fares in March/ April and Sept/ Oct are about the lowest and the weather is not too bad[hot] esp if you are going to RSA. The Eastern Cape of RSA was very nice at the end of March [their fall].

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Kathi.................................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do I get in touch with "kathi". Regarding air fare?

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Bayou:
Check NW and KLM. They fly to Frankfurt and Amsterdam from Minneapolis. Air Namibia flies fron there to Windhoek. That way, you bypass SAA and JoBurg.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will be two in our group and we will have one rifle (wife is a observer). The months will be June, July, or August. Will be departing from indianapolis to Alanta then to Namibia or Joburg. Haven't narrowed it down yet to Namibia or Joburg, just wondering if it is more to fly to Namibia than Joburg

Here are some prices for the guests from my personal contact ....

Atlanta or New York to Johannesburg /

Excludes taxes and for mid week departures ... conditions apply as per normal

US $ 990 (Oct 15-Nov 30) ULTRA LOW SEASON

US $1090 (May 01-May 31) (Oct 01-Oct 14) (Dec 01-Dec 09) (Dec 25-Jan 31) LOW SEASON

US $1290 (Jun 01-Jun 10) (Aug 16-Sep 30) SHOULDER SEASON

US $1490 (Jun 11-Aug 15) (Dec 10-Dec 24) HIGH SEASON

EMAIL Peter  Balla-Balla Company Portfolio
Peter J. Bird

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do I get in touch with "kathi". Regarding air fare?

Bayou,
I sent you a private message.

Seasons on SAA

Low
Oct 01- Nov 30
Dec 24-Mar 15

Shoulder
Mar 16- Jun 08
Aug 21- Sep 30
Dec 01-Dec 08

High
Jun 09-Aug 20
Dec 09-Dec 23

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy your credit limit per month in travelers checks, use a miles credit card or amex and convert points into miles. Pay off the bill with the travelers checks. If you are a AAA member the checks cost $0, so the miles are free. If you do this enough you fly free Cool

gabe

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!