THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Online weather resources for Zim (Chete, Lake Kariba specifically)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online weather resources for Zim (Chete, Lake Kariba specifically)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking for online resources for weather history in Zimbabwe. Specifically, I am going to be in Chete on September 10-16th.

I can find a good bit of history on major population centers and current conditions from lodges on the lake, primarily on the Zambia side.

Anyone have any suggestions on sites or weather centers in the area that could give historical data? Any personal experience from your trip would be great too!

I was/am expecting and preparing for warm/hot days. I am a bit surprised by the amount of cool/cold weather gear suggested by the safari company. Seems as it might be a bit nippy at night (50F??) to eat/converse/sleep and for the very early hours riding in the truck. Not a problem, but I want to make sure I have appropriate gear without severely overpacking.

Several wool caps and long johns were not in my originally envisioned packing list!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.wunderground.com

Before going on a trip it is a great resource to search the previous years for the weather history at the time you are traveling.

Good luck on your hunt.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9499 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote