THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    TX Hunt CO - you guys used any of their gear??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TX Hunt CO - you guys used any of their gear??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I had a great conversation with one of their guys, Wes Davis this morning...

I ended up ordering their PH Utility Belt (cartridge belt), soft case, and some gaiters.

Just wondered if any of you have any experience with their products...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted Hide Post
I used that belt/cartridge belt with their soft rifle case and backpack on my Limpopo plainsgame hunt in 06. Everything is made very well and has held up looking like new from
Africa and many more hunts here in Texas since.

Joel

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the cartridge holders on a leather belt. I would recommend that you use their utility belt (Canvas or cloth) with the cordura cartridge holders as cordura and leather (which was wet from sweat) made too much squeaking in the lion blinds when you moved about. Loved the cartridge holders and will get a utility belt to go with them for my next hunt.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Have used the belt & cartridge holders - worked well. The gaiters I ordered were before the current sizing and were too small. I also have the T.H.E. Pack which is a great piece of gear.

I've just ordered the flashlight and utility tool pouches. All is top quality and worth the price.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
great thanks - sounds like I made a good choice

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have their hunting vest and it works well.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've used most everything that they make. The only problem is that the P.H.'s like the stuff, too and I end up giving it to them about the third time they compilment my gear! I left a belt and ammo carrier in Tanzania in 2006 (prototypes). The PH has used them for 2 1/2 seasons of hunting (180 days@yr in RSA and Tanzania) and they were "as new" when I hunted with the guy again this summer.

Great, sturdy stuff. Most of the fabrics, stitching at stress points, etc. were tested in Iraq and Afganistan (albeit, in military versions), btw.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have used the Texas Hunt Co. ammo holders and belts since 2006... They hold the ammo where it belongs... I have also used it in the Vintagers double gun championships and in the rapid fire event I was timed the quickest with shooting and reloading 6 shots...

Great equipment
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Mike, everytime I see it I think "What a magnificent elephant". Did you get that link to the one from Moz?

The Tx belt, can it be used as a "culling belt" with the 10 cartridges in the front and the buckle in the rear?

Can't quite tell from their website, does everything pictured in the "PH Utility Belt Set" come in the $140 price (specifically the 10 capacity shell holder, assume this is one piece and not two)?

And didn't I read something about an AR discount??? Cool

http://www.texashuntco.com/Pro...ils.asp?ProductID=51

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
I have a few of there items. Big problem is the stuff always looks new. You always end up looking like a newb in the field no matter how many times you use it.

Sometimes by the fire I try to fray bits of it here and there.

It's great quality gear.

Smiler
John

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I think it's great. Tough as hell and well priced. N' made in America.

Jeff's (the owner)a helluva nice guy too.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used there gear for my last two hunt's in Africa.
Great service from them, as I live in Australia.
warren

Posts: 24 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Bill - yes you get all that, but it looks like the belt feed is 2 of the 5 cartridge holders. I am sure you could request the single 10 cart. holder, as when you order the belt feed alone, you have the choice of (1) -10 round or (2) - 5 rounders for the same price.

Wes also told me today that they are going to start making some modified versions for the .600 and .700 shooters...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Warren, welcome to the forum. No I still don't have the pictures from Namibia.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The 10 holder came out of my idea to Jeff... Being a double gun shooter I wanted pairs of shells.. I have the PH belt and all of the items showed come with it..

500's and 600's will fit in the shell holder, Jeff used it in Zim last year with Ivan Carter on his ele and buf hunt shooting a 600.

http://www.texashuntco.com/Pro...ils.asp?ProductID=51

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could anyone tell me if that utility pouch will hold a small Canon digital camera? I'm going to buy the 10 rd. shellcarrier, but I have a dozen belts that will work.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Ph had a 20 round canvas belt that was about ten years old. I asked him why so many rounds, and his response was "...culling...". His was set to have ten rounds on each side of the buckle, to separate softs from solids. Makes sense to me. I need one for my 450 Dakota, and one for the 550Gibbs/585HE rounds.

Their stuff all looks very well made.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I have only the PH belt so far and have found it very versatile and well made. I'm not a big fan of the buckle - it's not as simple as it should be to really snug the belt tight. I end up using all three hands to get it as tight as I like it. Big Grin Other than that small complaint, I'm very pleased and hope to add a few more TxHuntCo products to my line.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
they are a sponsor of ours on the Tv show and so i got to try out most of their gear over the last two years ...

its VERY tough gear ... my trackers have carried one of the backpacks for two seasons and it (when washed) looks like new ... the new 10 round big calibre ammo holder is awesome ..

for what its worth i think its the toughest gear i have ever used ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As others have stated above, not only are Texas HuntCo products great, Jeff Wemmer is a good fellow to know!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
The belt and all extras looks very good and looks like it would last very long but converting it back to Rand R1400.00 a bit pricey for me.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Their 'military' division is Spec Ops Brand.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/

They make good stuff.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote