THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Another "first safari" observation:

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Another "first safari" observation:
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted
Mark

If it is specially the mopane you want I make sure to bring some for christams if you have your backyard ready!!!

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HeY Ngagi,
I know how you feel...post safari depression i mean but texas boys sound like dey full of shit man...i live in sweden now and have a fire pit in my yard...there are no mopane trees here that I am aware of but that fire pit works like a charm...especially in spring and fall when the weather is good out but the air is a little chilly - you just take a seat on the log benches we have around the fire pit, hold onto your glass and let the pinewood burn...it might burn a little quicker than the mopane, but the upside is but you get more flames and a nicer looking fire...

Posts: 133 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now hold on there, Lets not cut Mesquite short, I have been smelling that great wood for many years and eaten a ton of meat cooked over it, It makes Mopane look like Ned in the first reader!!

Not to belittle Mopane, it is a great wood with a lot of old memories tied in...

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I remarked to some Texas boys hunting from our camp that I wanted to copy the unique African fire pit designs in my own backyard, but as they said, it would only work properly with mopane wood as fuel.

Yep fire burns differently in Africa compared to the rest of the world

They actually got it wrong. It only works in the Southern Hemisphere. Whatever you do, don't try it in the North.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote