Find
Notify
Tools

African Scenic Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
I was just looking through my photos from last month's trip to Zim ( actually it was late March and early April), and thought that some of you might get a little "Africa fix" from a few of them. The top photo was shoot on the Zambezi River, but the rest were shot while hunting.

Enjoy,

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Great pictures!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Thanks, those are some great pictures.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever seen that many clouds in Zim. Where on the Zambezi were you? Late rains, eh?

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen that many clouds in Zim. Where on the Zambezi were you? Late rains, eh?

Will,

Yes, the rains were late this year, not to mention heavier than normal. It rained 5 or 6 days out of the 14 days that I was scheduled to be in camp, not to mention a couple of days before that. The grass was high in areas, and the animals were all in great shape.

The Zambezi shot was above Vic Falls.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Great picts Jim, as much as I like seeing trophies on the ground, it's scenes like these that keep me going back. Thanks for the fix!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are a few:
1. A sunset.

2. Bushveldt

3. A dagga boy

4. Kudu horns

5. Waterbuck

6. Zebra

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Here's one I took from John Sharp's dining cottage at the edge of his lake on the Malangani Conservancy. It was sure nice to relax by the fire, gin n' tonic in hand after a great day in the foeld. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote