THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Has Robert Mugabe had a heart attack? Rumours spread about Zimbabwe president’s healt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Robert Mugabe had a heart attack? Rumours spread about Zimbabwe president’s healt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted
http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/13/...ents-health-5619540/

anyone in ZIM confirm this?

Has Robert Mugabe had a heart attack? Rumours spread about Zimbabwe president’s health

A letter to a Zimbabwean news website has suggested that the country’s president Robert Mugabe has suffered a heart attack.

The letter suggests the 91-year-old was on holiday with his family when he fell ill and saying that it was unlikely that he would survive.

Metro.co.uk has contacted the Zimbabwean embassy to find out whether there is any truth in the rumours and there have previously been hoaxes about Mugabe’s death.

However, the Zimbabwean Herald reported only two days ago that the vice president, Emmerson Mnangagwa, is now Acting President.

The letter published on ZimEye yesterday said: ‘President Robert Mugabe is reported to have collapsed after suffering a heart attack while on holiday with his family and is in critical condition.’

It continued that ‘sources close to the president are said to be holding high-level meetings as it is believed that he won’t be able to recover.’

The letter suggests Mugabe and his family have been flown out of the country and extra troops are to be deployed in the capital, Harare.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Good riddance!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
False. He has no heart.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
It is about time that the old fart kicks the bucket, he is a heartless soulless idiot in anyway. The day it is confirmed that he is dead I will party big time.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is being reported from multiple sources, non of which I would call reliable. One even says he is dead.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
where is the LIKE button clap
dancing
beer
rotflmo
Smiler

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's almost like having an early birthday present!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
dancing

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That mean his power-shopping wife takes the reins?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think it means Zimbabwe will become a Chinese province, much like Tibet.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I communicated with Zim this morning. They are also hearing he had a heart attack. In addition, there is some movement of family which MIGHT indicate he is dead.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, he isn't suitable for a heart transplant.

They can't find the right size stone!

Posts: 391 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad ... Timing is off by about a year. Could have provided excellent future employment opportunities for Obongo.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If in fact he has died...it will be interesting to see how Obama reacts to the death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
At his age, sooner rather than later, the rumor must eventually be true.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
If in fact he has died...it will be interesting to see how Obama reacts to the death.

Commits suicide?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Obama will express his condolences and sorrows and will call him uncle Bob
He is probably his second or third cousin

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Obama had a father. Oh wait...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://mg.co.za/article/2016-0...mugabe-death-rumours

Zim journalists roll their eyes at Mugabe death rumours

13 JAN 2016 16:55 CARIEN DU PLESSIS

Claims that Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe is at death's door have been dismissed by journalists in that country as "part of the annual news cycle".

Rumours of Robert Mugabe's death have been greatly exaggerated in the past. (Reuters)

Rumours that Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe had suffered a heart attack have been doing the rounds again, but they have been laughed off by veteran journalists as part of the annual Zimbabwean news cycle.

Ray Ndlovu, who has reported on Zimbabwe for a number of South African newspaper titles, including the Mail & Guardian, tweeted earlier on Wednesday: “Oh no those Mugabe death stories have started again. Daily Star in UK reports he had a heart attack on holiday. Yawn. Wake me up when it’s over.”

The state-run The Herald newspaper reported on Wednesday that Zanu-PF was getting ready to celebrate Mugabe’s 92nd birthday on February 21, which from 1986 has been designated a national celebration to inspire the youth to emulate Mugabe’s “exemplary character and leadership qualities”.

No mention was made in the story of Mugabe’s health.

None of the sources in intelligence and the diplomatic community contacted by the M&G could attest to the state of Mugabe’s health.

Two days ago the presidency issued a statement to say that one of Mugabe’s deputies, Emmerson Mnangagwa, had taken over from his counterpart Phelekezela Mphoko as acting president while Mugabe was out of the country on holiday.

Mugabe went on leave on December 24 and traditionally takes a long break at this time of the year, which often gives rise to rumours about his health.

A year ago similar rumours about his state of health emerged.

There were also rumours last year about the health of his wife, Grace, after she stayed behind for treatment, reportedly for cancer, following their holiday last year. She laughed off rumours of ill-health while on a state visit with her husband in South Africa in April.

The Daily Star tabloid, which reported about Mugabe’s alleged heart attack on Wednesday, seems to have sourced its report from a letter yesterday on ZimEye, a Zimbabwean news site that is critical of the government.

It suggested that a rumour was doing the rounds in the country’s Central Intelligence Agency that Mugabe was in a critical condition after collapsing from a heart attack while on holiday.

The letter, which reads like a news report, states that Mugabe’s spokesperson, George Charamba, has refused to comment. “But sources close to the president are said to be holding high-level meetings as it is believed that he won’t be able to recover”.

It also alleges that the army will be deployed in Harare’s streets in the coming days.

The report claims that his family was secretly flown out of the country and that Mugabe’s condition had deteriorated. Doctors apparently told his family “to expect the worst”.

The rumour seems to have been around since January 1 but flared up again on Tuesday.

A tabloid magazine called Star Mag has reported that rumours have done the rounds on Facebook after a RIP Robert Mugabe page was set up and attracted nearly one million likes. The M&G could, however, not find this page on Facebook on Wednesday.

The magazine said the report “has been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports”.

The M&G has seen a picture of Mugabe said to have been taken recently while on holiday in Malaysia.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9500 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have this every year when Mugabe goes on his annual leave as he has done now-I don't believe a word of it,

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Where does a despot go on holidays?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8051 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
We have this every year when Mugabe goes on his annual leave as he has done now-I don't believe a word of it,

They say that even a broken clock is right twice a day...

One of these days the rumour will be come fact (and the sooner the better!).

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
No worries, sooner or later, he will be spotted here and there in Vegas, hanging around Elvis and Michael Jackson

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Maybe at the SCI Convention? Big Grin rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He will be honored with the SCI International Professional Hunter of the Year Award fishing

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Maybe at the SCI Convention? Big Grin rotflmo

He will fit in right in among those running SCI too rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mugabe "dies" from time to time, but there has been nothing sent out by the diplomatic community in Harare and the local press is a couple of beats off Mad Magazine in various directions and not really credible. So he's probably alive and as well as he can be at that age. BTW, Zimbabwe is already another Chinese...I won't say "province"...lets just call it what it is. A colony.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Groulx:
the local press is a couple of beats off Mad Magazine in various directions and not really credible.

Not sure why you would have that opinion Barry??? Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote