Find
Notify
Tools

Sable pedestal mount ideas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted
I have gotten to the point where I need to decide on the way I want my sable mounted. I know it will be on a pedestal, but other than that, I can't decide. There used to be several photos on this site of others mounts, but alas none remain after the conversion to eve or imagestation issues.

Can any of you help by posting pics of your mounts again so that I might get a better idea. My taxidermist has one that I sorta like, but I'd like other ideas.

Thanks

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Some people love this mount, some hate it. Check it out at: http://www.artworkstaxidermy.com/images/photo%20gallery/sableW.jpg

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
SBT - Thanks for the link. That reminds me of a knight chess piece!

Brad

Administrator
posted Hide Post

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That's a cracking gun cabinet there.

A man can never have too many toys!!

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
Hi Brad,

Have a look at my friend Rodney Kretzschmar's website as http://www.transafrican.com/

Go to gallery and from there select "latest masterpieces"

Some nice examples to consider

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Saeed - many thanks, that was one of the pics I remember.

Peter - Thanks for the link. Rodney has some nice mounts. That lifesize lechwe he mounted looks huge.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
You have a beautiful home!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Here are a few more photos of our room, glad you like them.

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Saeed- Love your trophy room but I have a question. What's the pink rifle used for?

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have a friend, Tommy Meredith, who is stockmaker.

We bought many stocks from him, and he asked me what colour I wanted them. I told him most should be black, and a few he can paint as he wished!

So he sent me a bunch in assorted candy colours.

The one you see above is a 223 Ackley we have built on a Sako S491 action. It shoots great!

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed. For a moment I thought it might be the rifle that Ray uses when he hunts with you. Wink

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

First, I would like to compliment you and your fine trophy room. I can only wish some day!

But, I noticed there weren't any mounts of buffalo in the pictues you posted. Are they in a different room or do you simply not have any? Just thought it was odd you wouldn't have one tucked away somewhere.

Thanks for sharing the pictures too.

graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Very nice, a class act. Can you tell me the weight of all the Ivory tusks in the Photos.
I ask because I am waiting for my Ivory to arrive from Zimbabwe. I left before enough time had occured to pull the ivory from the skull.

Have you ever considered comming to Texas for the Dallas Safari Show? Even though you are Bolt Rifle Trash, as a Member of the Double Rifle Shooters Society, I can get you into all of our "Events". Heck even Ray shoots a Double Rifle. You can even bring Walterhog. Big Grin

This is a serious invite, as the DRSS is very grateful for the AR site.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
N E 450 No2,

Thank you very much for the invitation, I would love to take you up on one day.

I lived in Texas - Houston area - for over two years, and feel a bit like a Texan myself every time I look at my trap shooting trophies, especially the one I won in the race for the Champiuons of Champions, representing Texas, against all the othe States Champions.

Those tusks are all around 45-55 pounds each.

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Saeed, might I ask the height of the pedestal mount your sable is on? I've found several different pedestals, but I'm surprised at the variation in height. For example, Van Dyke's [URL=http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/subcategory/109/] offers the following:

26" cherry pedestal
30" octagon
34" pyramid
36" oval
40" flat panel
42" mission design

Should you try and get the mount at eye level (to whom??) and therefore choose the pedestal height to accomplish that?

Thanks

Brad